I'm a little down this week. I probably shouldn't be blogging about this but this blog is pretty much my journal right now. I also thought that maybe some extra prayers and words of encouragement might be the thing I need. I found out on Monday that I am going to have to have a hysterectomy. It's not a huge shock. I've been told by 3 doctors now. It's been a long time coming. I've had a lot of issues for a looong time now and it will hopefully be a relief in some ways. It's just a scary thing to think about. Not just in the surgery itself (blood clots) but the years ahead of hormones. I'm only 34 (and just barely!) and even though we have decided we're done having kids, it's still a hard decision to have to make. They wanted to do it in 2 weeks but I've pushed it off until the kids are out of school so that I won't have to worry about all that goes along with carpool, clean clothes, hair-do mornings, etc. This way if they end up wearing the same thing for 3 days straight, who cares?! It will hopefully be much nicer weather, too and they can play outside a lot. I'm scheduled for June 2nd. I'm hoping to be back on my feet in time for our vacation to Utah to see my family that first week in July!
Anyway...thanks for letting me get it off my chest. I feel much better now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Plan on us to take your kids. My kids would love having playmates! And I love vacuuming... so count me in for housework too if you need it!
What a difficult thing to go through. I would be feeling just like you are right now. It's an emotional thing, not just a physical one. Here's hoping that life will be easier and better after the operation.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you!! I hope all goes well with you and your family during this time.
I am soooo sorry to hear that, If you weren't sooo far away I would drive down and give you a big hug and let you cry on my shoulders!!! We will pray for you and I hope that you will be able to feel peace and comfort through all of this to help you through it!! Love ya!!
Such an emotional decision!! Totally wish that we were closer and could help somehow because I know recovery takes some time. Love you.
sorry you are having to go through this! You will definately be in my thoughts and prayers. I too wish I lived closer, I would love to be able to help out, give you a hug, anything you need. Actually today, my emotions are right there with ya...hormones...ahh!
I am so sorry, but I appreciate you sharing with us so that we can pray for you. I will be praying that the surgery goes smoothly, that your mind will be at ease, and that your family will be cared for. An email is no substitute for in-person support, but I hope it's better than enduring alone.
Those kinds of things are always hard to take no matter the cause. I feel for you and would be scared too. But know that you are in my prayers. Let me know if I can help. I will be around in the whole month of June, so call me.
I'm sorry! That would be difficult to cope with. Add me to your helper list. Hope recovery is quick.
Tara, you will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. I will be out of town until the 6th, but just plan on me bringing you dinner and taking your kids when I come back. And, I can clean too if you need that. I hope things get better after the surgery and plese don't hesitate to call me for ANYTHING.
I'm sorry, Tara. I'm sure that even though you were expecting this, it's still really hard to face the reality of it. I hope you have a super quick recovery and your body will act like a 29 year old afterwards!
Oh Tara ... we need to talk! I was suppose to have one on March 20th ... but when the nurse called to confirm, I burst into tears, and ended up canceling. I can so relate to the emotions. Love you! I will be curious to know how it goes ... and I suspect I'm right behind you! You'll be in my prayers.
Hang in There! Thanks for sharing- I will so be praying for you and your comfort & peace at this time. We'll be thinking of you-
Oh Sis, just look at all of these amazing people who love and care about you! All of us our feeling your fear, pain, and sorrow with you and will be here for you in any way we can!! I'm just praying that in a few short weeks, you are laughing at me when I'm having PMS or having that "lovely" time and you can say "ha-ha, I'm done with all that crap!" Love Ya...my shoulder is always here for you--just like your's is for me!!
Thank you EVERYONE for your support! It is so great to be able to count on so many people...near or far!
I love you all!
I know you are going to feel so much better after you get this taken care of. And add my voice to the others--I will absolutely be praying from you, now until June 2nd, and ever after, my friend.
I always wanted a MUCH larger family than God planned for me Tara. One day as I was praying about this in the Temple, I received one of the most profound experiences of my life! I saw that He was not going to question me about the SIZE of my family but the QUALITY of Spiritual Space I provided for each of my children to grow and develop their own families. Each family and each person is different I know but I do know that God is in charge and His love governs each and every one of our own 'personal plans of Salvation'! I am convinced that we are here, mainly to 'discover' that love even if it is sometimes 'thru the things that we suffer'. I have always been so proud of you and never more than at this time. Your love and compassion will ever remain in my memory of you holding that that little 'poor' child on your lap while on your mission--remember? You are, and always have been 'one of a kind' Tara, and all of the support and love shown you in this blog from friends and family illustrate that so profoundly! We love you more than words can tell, Tara, as we hope you know. We will be there and here for you ALWAYS!
Post a Comment