SO....maybe I won't be holding off as long as I can. Maybe he really DOES know what's going on? Talk to me after a day or two...if I really am up to this task.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
And so it begins...
Ok, not officially. I don't think I'm ready, but apparently HE IS.
During conference this morning, Tyler disappeared. Never a good sign with this kid. I had to switch out some laundry which is right outside this bathroom and I called out to him to see where he was and what trouble he was causing. It was pretty funny to catch him like this. He had taken off his pants and diaper all by himself. I didn't realize when I was taking this photo that he had been poopy and that's why he wanted to "go potty". He has not liked having a messy diaper this weekend and from the looks of it, was taking care of things all by himself. (Isn't that a toddlers favorite phrase? All by myself!) Then, tonight when I was getting him and Morgan into the bath, he claimed that he needed to go potty, too. I figured I'd humor him, thinking he was only wanting to go because Morgan had gone. Guess what? HE WENT!!! I was shocked! He seemed to know what he was doing and was so proud of himself!!
SO....maybe I won't be holding off as long as I can. Maybe he really DOES know what's going on? Talk to me after a day or two...if I really am up to this task.
SO....maybe I won't be holding off as long as I can. Maybe he really DOES know what's going on? Talk to me after a day or two...if I really am up to this task.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
What a darling boy!!!!! Grandma and Grandpa miss him (and the girls). We had such a wonderful time at your house, you always make us feel so comfortable it is hard to leave. We love you guys. Way to go Tyler--who knows. Maybe he is ready.
Love,
Grandma
I have heard that if you wait long enough a kid will toilet train himself. (Instead of pushing him/her too young.) Ethan toilet trained myself 2 months ago (at age 3 yrs, 4 months). It was a breeze! No accidents, no power struggles, no false starts. Once he put on the Lightening McQueen Big Boy pants there was no looking back.
Way to go, Tyler!
(Sorry, was that TMTI? Too Much Toilet Info?)
That is awesome, and wow he has got to be getting wet in that picture, I love it!!! Good job Tyler and good luck Tara.............well and Jason!! :)
If you need someone to think of when you are stuggling, just remember me. I started with Tyler last June and he is still not potty trained. We did take a 5 month break. I hope you have better luck than we have.
That's what we call a "black mail" photo at our house. Meaning, when he's older, you can black mail him with that pic by threatening to show it to his friends!!! heehee!! I hope it will be that easy for you....however, nothing about Tyler has been easy so far.....just kiddin! Love ya.
SO TRUE!!! I hope the photo isn't too graphic! I really think that I'm gonna wait a while still. I'm with Laurel...the longer-the better! Maybe I'll wait for summer (he'll almost be 3) and then let him run around in the buff...OUTSIDE!! I just cleaned my carpets! hee hee :o)
Hey, if he's interested like that, I'd run with it. I think that's one of the biggest hurdles - convincing the toddler, "potty - good, diaper - bad." Best of luck!
Post a Comment