Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another brilliant moment in the life of Tara Eddington.
I was helping Jason load in a whole bunch of 2 x 4's to the basement tonight. We're finally going to begin the framing! Hooray! Anyway, as I was setting a couple of them down (for about the 40th time I might add) I sorta dropped them a little harder than I intended and one of them bounced back and landed smack dab on my big toe. Right across it! Ooohh it hurt so bad! I seriously thought I was going to black out for a minute...I couldn't even see straight. I have to say, I held my tongue. My kids were right there, but I wanted to screeeeam!!! Anyway, I don't know but I hope it's not broken. I'm hopin' for a miracle and that I'll wake up tomorrow and will be able to walk just fine and will have no pain! I'm doped up on 800mg of ibuprofen right now just to hobble. I've got too much to do tomorrow for this. Did I mention it's my driving foot? We'll see what tomorrow brings...wish me luck!

14 comments:

Jamie said...

Yikes! That is soooooo painful! I hope it's not broken!

Stephanie said...

Every time I stub my toe I have to remind myself that if I can handle childbirth, I should be able to handle a stubbed toe. I don't understand why our toes are so sensitive. I feel your pain.

Amber said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Hope it gets feeling better soon. I dropped a big can of chili on my toe once...about the most painful thing I've ever felt! AND, I had a nice black toenail for the summer to prove it! thank heavens for toenail polish, cause it was UGLY!

But, yea on the basement...seriously, that's gotta feel good!

Mom and Camera said...

OOOWWWW!!! I got several REALLY good slivers carrying in the wood, but no broken toe. It is such a nice feeling to see basement finishing progess. I am excited for you.

Brooke said...

Every person who reads your post can totally relate, because we've all bashed our toe at some point. And it HURTS! Unfortunately, unlike the pain of childbirth, nothing good comes out of it except a nasty black toenail. Hope you feel better this morning!

Jana said...

Ouch, I am so sorry!! I don't think we ever realize how important each part of our bodies really are until one is injured!!! I hope you got your miracle!! LOL :) Yay for your basement!!

Mel said...

OUCH! I can totally relate with the 2x4's. I can't begin to tell you how many I have carried down to our basement. But it will all be worth it, smashed toe and all, when it is finished. We are so close I can taste it and there is nothing better after sooooooooo long working on it. Good Luck-let us know if you need advise.

Rach said...

OUCH!! Sorry about the toe. I'm glad you held it all in for your kids =). Hope your better today, let me know if you need any help.

Tara said...

Prayers WERE answered! I am doing better today. Still poppin' the pills, but I can walk with just a slight limp. :o) I'm going to be ok, though! (Not that there's anything they can do for a broken toe, right?) I have yet to try on a shoe so we'll have to see how that goes.

Tiffany said...

Ouch! How are you doing today?

Tiffany said...

P.S. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how is the basement coming? Haha

Gillett's said...

I hope you're doing well! Anything NEW? I sure love your blog- Thanks for all of your cute entries!

Scott and Traci said...

And you would think a toe injury wouldn't be so life altering, but seriously you use those toes more than you think! Hope it gets better super fast!! So sorry. By the way, the picture on your blog title is so great! I love the colors

Mandy Coleman said...

Hope you are ok!
I am hoping to see you when we come down in July for 2 weddings. I will give you more info. when I know it! Talk to you later...