Thursday, April 9, 2009

So much to say...

There are so many things I wanna blog about today!


First:

Happy 1 year to you, my dear BLOG!



It's been a whole year today that I began in the blogging world. And what a year it's been!


Second:


I had a fun morning. My friend Kristeen had a few of us over for a fun Easter Brunch! She had wonderful food (including a to-die-for artichoke w/sun dried tomato dip) and more. We also made a fun Easter lesson to share with our families with plastic eggs with messages and little symbols to go along with the last week of the Saviors life and Resurrection. So excited to do this with my kids and also for my sharing time on Sunday!



Here are a few pix of the morning:


So much fun! Thanks again Kristeen!!
(I just noticed that she's not in ANY of these photos!)



And last, but not least:
Does this give ya any hints?

Yep. I think I don't have a choice in the matter. Tyler is wanting to go in the potty. He has been taking off his diaper and actually GOING in the toilet for most of the day today. His diaper has been dry all evening, too! He doesn't wait for me to help him 'cause of course, "I do it myself!" And he does! I've been pretty amazed. We'll see how I feel by the end of the weekend. I really don't think I'm ready for this, though. As my sister pointed out, "Nothing has been easy with this kid so far." So I don't have high hopes for this going well. I sure hope I'm wrong!
Wish me luck!

13 comments:

Tiffany said...

You totally deserve this to be easy...he owes you that much (and more heehee)! Good luck. Looks like such a cute group of friends. I'm thankful that they are watching out for my little sis!!

Jana said...

Oh I think it sounds like he will do great!! My boys gave no signs, they just turned 3 so I gave it a shot!! Lucky for me they were both pretty darn easy!! Good Luck and Yay, i am doing that Easter egg thing to called "Resurrection Eggs" fun stuff!! :)

Mom and Camera said...

There are definitely no guarantees in the "potty training" business. HOWEVER, whenever I followed my child's lead on potty training (instead of them following mine) potty training went extremely smooth. Hope that is true for you in this case.

Tara said...

Yeah, as long as I can get him to "aim". ANY ADVICE OUT THERE ON THIS ONE? He's sitting down to go, thank heavens. Now I just need to keep it from going between the seats. Kristeen suggested that he lean forward.

BOYS!!!!

Laurel C. said...

Train him to stand up and use the potty. Then throw some Cheerios in the bowl and have him do "target practice" with them. Lock and load toward the Cheerios!

Jamie said...

Happy blog birthday :) You beat me to the post! I started writing it but didn't finish getting pictures up.

Stephanie said...

I've potty trained 4 boys and each one has been different. I still have some sitters and some standers. I really don't care which they do, but standing is SO much nicer in public restrooms (germ-a-phobe that I am). Best of luck to ya'.

Jamie said...

p.s. thanks for posting pictures so I can steal them :)

Amber said...

Looks like a fun time with friends...I love those! Good luck on potty training...in a couple of years I'll be asking you for advice...this whole standing thing is new to me, yikes!

And, good luck with the basement, that's what our last two summers have consisted of. 2 rooms and a bathroom 1 year, and 1 more bedroom the next, but it's done now, and oh so nice! The "during" though is not so fun1 good luck!

Maureen said...

I think that now Tyler is moving into "big boy underpants" you need a more current picture. He still looks like a baby in the one with the green vest. What a sweet boy!

Papa Merrill said...

I can't remember how hard or easy you were to train but I do remember how hard you were when you were NOT trained! Wiping down bedroom walls after you 'finger painted' from your diaper, for example. Trying to get you to 'lay still' until changed. REVENGE--"Every dog has it's day?" Remember aunt Rosie and please don't make him sit 'everytime'!

Rach said...

Happy blog birthday!! I think I might have to steal some of your brunch pics because I didn't have my camera with me that day. Good luck on the potty training. My boys loved to "shoot" things in the toilet. They sell special targets, but we just always used cheerios. Good luck on perfecting the aim, my boys still don't always get it right.

Teeples Family said...

thanks for taking the pics at the brunch. It was fun!

Sounds like Tyler is doing great with the potty! Keep it up1