Sunday, April 5, 2009

You Are MISSED!

It was 4 years ago today that we lost one of the sweetest people I have known. Geri Lyn passed away at the age of 35 after complication from gastric bypass surgery. I have kept many cards we would send to each other over the years. She'd always find one with a cat in it somewhere and would cross it out. Sometimes I'd have to search for the feline...neither of us were huge fans of cats! It would crack me up every time! We were roommates when I met Jason and she was always so patient when I would spend hours on the phone with him. (long distance...he was in CO and I was in UT) I have fun memories of Sunday drives, just the two of us, listening to music...windows down. She had so many funny sayings: "God willin' and the creek don't rise!"...."It sucks - like a Hoover!" are a few that come to mind. Most of all, she was so devoted to her nieces and family. There are times when I hear a song, or see a movie, or hear something I know she would like, I think of her.

She was such a wonderful friend and I miss her everyday.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can't believe it's been four years. Wow. I miss her too. She was an amazing person. My boys still talk about her now and then. It gives me comfort to know that she is in a happier place. Love you Ger!!

Teeples Family said...

What a nice tribute to a good friend. People come into and out of our lives in a whirl it seems--some staying longer than others and many have a lasting impact; it sounds like she was one of those people! Thanks for this post. It reminds me to be grateful for good friends and good examples

Jana said...

I remember you telling me this like it was yesterday, I cannot believe it has been four years!!! I would send you a hug if I could!! Sorry you lost such a dear friend, the reunion one day will be great, I am thankful to be able to have that knowledge!! Love you!!! :)

Papa Merrill said...

Your reminder brought a 'tear' to my eye! I remember nights that we would stay up into the late hours of the night playing games with ya'll, Jer, and Trish and Braydon's friends. These memories will fill our hearts until the day when we will ALL be together playing games again forever! I will never forget her laugh-- sweet memory!

Maureen said...

Your love for Geri Lynn shines! My grandmother always said as long as you remember and continue to love those who have passed on they stay with you. I know your friend is still in your heart. I'm so sorry she's not here anymore. I would have liked to get to know her.