(Ok, I just have to copy you again, Brooke)
Here are the rules:
- Grab the nearest book.
- Open it to page 56.
- Find the fifth sentence.
- Post the text of the sentence in the comments.
- Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
My friend had this on her blog and I thought the comments she got were hilarious! I can't wait to see what you all put, so everyone please play!!
Here was what I had:
"Peachtree charges an interest rate that you specify on invoices that are overdue by the number of days you indicate."
Yeah, Peachtree for Dummies. How sad is that? It was the closest one. What does that say about me? So anyway, go ahead...Let's see what everyone has close at hand!

12 comments:
(Disclaimer: I had to use the 8th closest book because the first 7 all have less than 56 pages.) "And she marched out of the room, rather hoping that she might see the little servant again somewhere, but she found no trace of her when she got into the hall." from A Little Princess
Mine was the third, the first didn't have page numbers, the second that page was a picture, and so the third goes: "A dedication prayer may be longer but an invocation much shorter." (Teachings of Presidents of the Church) :)
This is from my new photography book: "The bride is going to expect a photo that takes it all in and your wide angle lens will be your Get Out of Jail Free card when it comes to covering this all important shot." Give me a call about taking your pictures, the weather is supossed to be good this week.
Harry's eyes watered in the chill as they soared upward; he could see nothing below now but tiny pinpricks of light that were car headlights and streetlamps.From Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix.
"We teach our children to partake before they learn to speak." Funny!! (Family Home Evening Resource Book) Good game. =)
One or two strokes of a spade up-turned the blade of a large Spanish knife, and, as we dug further, three or four loose pieces of gold and silver coin came to light.
Edgar Allen Poe's THE GOLD BUG (Stan's book was the closest one to me.) What a great idea for a blog!
I have no books by my computer, so the closest one was my husband's World of Warcraft Strategy Guide book--(all I can say is YUCK)
"Follow a bridge to the center of the area and several more groups of enemies."
These are so funny! It's fun to see what kind of books people have around! Thanks for playing everyone! Keep 'em coming!
My "Book Club Cupboard" is right above my head. It is called my book club cupboard because my book club books have taken over the cupboard. I chose the closest one to my head. From the Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy: "Marguerite was gazing out towards the sunset."
Okay, so the closest book that had more than 56 pages has a lot of pictures (page 56 has no words). So, I had to go with page 57: "Let the paint dry." It is a craft book, can you tell ("Simply Homemade: 365 Easy Projects for Every Occasion").
However, you look at it, it is a quantum leap in the evolution of consciousness, as well as our only chance of survival as a race.
-The Power of Now-
I know...pretty lame, but it is an interesting book! Fun idea!
"Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence; and likewise also the wife unto the husband." (1st Cotrinthians 7:3--the Apostle Paul speaking) This is from a book we have called "Sacred Union."
Ryan was just telling me today how I should be nicer to him! Guess Paul thinks so too!
Post a Comment