Today was Morgan's preschool Thanksgiving feast. Parents and siblings got to join them at 10:30 in the morning for a turkey "dinner". She was so excited to have Tyler and me there and it was fun to see her with all her friends. I'll have to post some photos later. My (blankety-blank) camera is acting up again. Both sets of batteries are charging and I hope to be able to get the photos off later. (Sorry Mom!)
One last thought...
Twilight FEVER!
Anyone got it? I am very excited to see the movie, however, I do NOT want to sit in a theater jam-packed with everyone and their dog to enjoy it. I know, there must be something wrong with me, huh? Some of you might not know this about me (or care to for that matter), but I hate hate HATE crowds!!! Disneyland was miserable to me for that one reason. Shopping just isn't worth it to me if you have to fight to get around. I don't like sporting events, parades, even the famous Colorado Springs Balloon Festival isn't worth the effort when your have to fight CROWDS!! I don't know why I'm like that. I don't like the feeling of being with a million other people trying to get to the same place or all cramped together. I don't think it's really a claustrophobic thing, because I could easily be locked in a tiny box as long as I wasn't with anyone else. Is that weird? There were MANY times on my mission that my companion and I would choose to sit ON TOP of the "bus" instead of inside with all the people and farm animals. Really! I have pictures to prove it! We literally sat on the roof, sometimes on top of mattresses and other things people were trying to move. It was much more open (and yes, dangerous) and we loved it! If I can figure out how to scan some of my old mission photos, I'll show ya! (And Wendy, if you have any handy, send 'em my way!)
So the point of my rambling is that I would LOVE to see this movie and I'm going to, just not this weekend. I have several friends who are going to brave the crowds, though. I'm just a little too neurotic. (Is that the word I'm looking for? Dad or Darren could tell me!)
Have a GREAT weekend everyone. I'll post photos of the Thanksgiving feast when I can!!

7 comments:
Hi mom!!!
Your wrong about not getting sick for the whole week!
I wasn't feeling good at school today. Why do you want to see twilight?! I want to read the Book but you won't let me!
Love,
Nicole
PS.I've decided to change my name to Alison. So if you call me Nicole or Collie I won't answer you. This time I'm serios!!!!!!!!
Saw it!!! Are you jealous?
Nicole, you are a NUT!!
(so are you Allison)
Love,
Mom
I still have to read the last book before I see the movie, but for some reason, I'm willing to wait for it on DVD. Maybe I have a little bit of your neurosis. I don't mind crowds necessarily, but I hate germs, and crowds carry germs. So, I'll sit on my own couch and watch it on my own time. I'm sure it won't be the same, but I've never been picky when it comes to the theater vs. the television. (I rambled, I know.)
We saw the movie during the day and it wasn't bad. However I went that night to see the new James Bond movie with John (yes I saw 2 movies in one day) and the line for Twilight was HUGE. The workers at the theater said that people had been lining up 3 hours before the movie started. Crazy!! So go on a weekday in the morning.
I saw "Twilight" with some friends last night. The theatre I went to was not even full ... you would have been fine. There was a split vote, thought, on the movie among my friends. I LOVED it!! One of my friends ... not so much. She didn't like the actor who plays Edward. Still worth seeing. Wish you were here, Tara. I would take you (go again) myself to a quiet theatre!!
I am so so glad that you've gone a week without sickness. I've always said that sick kids are one of the hardest parts of parenthood...well, so far. I don't have teenagers yet. :)
Post a Comment