Friday, September 12, 2008

What is that in your hair?

Things have been a little crazy around here lately. I feel like there is so much to do and too little time to do it some days. My life didn't used to be like this. What's changed? Maybe it's the fact that I have 2 kids in school-1 full day and 1 half day. Or it could be that I feel like a single parent some days with Jason working so much the last few weeks (not really, he does SO much when he IS home that I can't really say that)...Or maybe it's 'cuz I have a VERY active 2 year old...which leads me to my post today...
I think Tyler gets so bored when Morgan is at school. His little playmate is gone and sometimes he doesn't know what to do with himself. It's raining today and so he can't go outside, which he LOVES to do. He'd play outside all day if I let him! He's been wandering around the house this morning while I've been trying to find something for Sharing Time on Sunday. (I don't know why I haven't planned it sooner...we've got so much to do this weekend! We're having a garage sale tomorrow!) I was sitting at the computer and thought he was just playing with his trucks right by me. I heard him in by my sink and tub, but I didn't hear water running (this time) so I thought everything was OK. Then he comes over to me showing me his hands telling me they're "gicky" and I notice his hair seems wet...then I smell it...SHAMPOO! He apparently had climbed into the tub and gotten the shampoo and "washed" his hair. Only without the water (counting my lucky stars on that one seeing how he is all dressed. Not that that has stopped him before...last week I found him sitting on my bathroom counter with his feet in my sink, plug pulled with the water filling up the sink, shoes and sock ON...with MY toothbrush in his mouth while he sprayed the mirror with the water bottle. If only my camera was handy that day!)

ANYWAY....I guess it could have been worse, but he wasn't thrilled to wash it out. I had to snap a photo, but I don't think you can see the suds in it from these pictures. He just like to have his picture taken anyway, so here ya go...MY TROUBLE MAKER!!!



6 comments:

Bailey's said...

How can that beautiful "boy" be a trouble maker? To a grandma--he just couldn't be any cuter!

Love ya

MOM

Maureen said...

I'd say you got off lucky. When my nephew was three he washed his little brother's hair with peanut butter!

I agree with grandma...Tyler couldn't be any cuter!

Tiffany said...

Remember when Mom found YOU in your crib with your poopy diaper smeared all over the wall, the crib, and YOU? I think I'd rather deal with cleaning up sweet smelling shampoo than what poor Mom must have had to deal with....it makes me gag just thinkin about it. Thanks Mom! It's a good thing he's sooo cute!

Laurel C. said...

I'm glad my little boy isn't the only one who gets into such creative trouble!

Like your mom said... Tyler's too cute to get into trouble. I think that Tyler and Ethan are going to surf through life on their good looks to get them out of trouble! :)

Papa Merrill said...

Look at that face Tara. Guess who had to clean up the walls Tiff? Tara had those same 'huge eyes', how can you get mad at that?

Rach said...

Nice story from Tiffany!! This must be the week for kids putting things in their hair. My baby was experimenting with Vaseline. Good thing he's such a cutie!!