Monday, September 22, 2008

SSSSNAKE!

Yesterday, Nicole came running in from the back yard looking panicked and about in tears. "Mom, there's a snake in the backyard!" (notice how she said MOM and not Dad)

This is what we found...DEAD!


In our house, Jason takes care of anything creepy crawly with legs...I take care of the cold blooded things. (He HATES snakes...or any reptile!) So here I am with the thing...Jason didn't even want to touch the sack! (although, he'll tell you that he'd have done it if he had to)

Our neighbors thought it was a baby rattlesnake, but I don't think it had a rattle.

Super Mom to the rescue!!!

12 comments:

Laurel C. said...

AAAHHHH!!!! You're touching it!!!

Tiffany said...

You are so freakin brave! Just looking at it gives me the heebeegeebees!!!

Maureen said...

I cannot believe how brave you are! MY HERO!!! (And don't you dare bring that nasty thing near me!) :)

Michelle and Jason said...

Way to be brave. I know I wouldn't have done it. Yuck!

Stephanie said...

We get little Garter snakes in our yard, and it's always startling. I stepped on one (with shoes on, thank goodness), and I still remember the feeling under my shoe - Ugh! Leon is okay with taking care of snakes, but for some reason, I'm the spider person - nice.

Gillett's said...

YucK! I can't believe how brave you are...even if it IS DEAD! I'm not sure if either one of us would get rid of it- we'd want too, but I think it would be a bitter fight. LoL!

Bailey's said...

If I didn't know better I would think you must be adopted--no girl of mine would pick up a snake!!!! It must have been the time spent in the Dominican Republic that toughened you. You are my "hero".

Rach said...

Oh my goodness, that thing is HUGE!! I can't believe you touched it either. I'm with Jason, I HATE snakes. Now I know who to call if we ever find a snake in the yard.

Siri said...

Ohhhh. You are Good!!!

Mom and Camera said...

YIKES! It just sends shivers down my spine.

Natalie said...

I am with Jason...that's nasty!

Rachel said...

Wow, that's crazy and so close to home, mine that is :) We'll have to watch out, or Eric at least. He is the same way as Jason. Good thing they married strong women! :)