Have I mentioned that Jason is now working THREE jobs? He has his day job with the Air Force as a Budget Analyst and then his new business (Specialized Lawn Care) he started this spring...and now he is working at the Air Force Academy ushering games and events. He has been busy every single weekend since he started (which will be helpful financially) but it us really beginning to wear on me today (and him, I'm sure). I think it's because I don't feel well today and the kids have been whining and fighting all day (I don't think they feel well, either). Well, he worked until almost 11pm last night and had a few lawns this morning and came home to shower and grab a bite to eat and he was off again to the AFA until late again tonight. I don't know how HE keeps going...I'm about to lose my mind (and patience with the kids)!!!
So tonight, I just could not bring myself to cook and clean up another meal and decided to take the kids and grab something at a drive-thru. I decided on GoodTimes because it's just up the street and I am so tired! Well, about a minute into the drive, the girls begin whining (yet again) about wanting something else to eat (preferably with a Frosty). I said I wasn't going to drive that far tonight and Morgan then says (whining), "I want McDonald's" (blech from me) "I really want McDonald's...E I E I OH!!!" I just bust up laughing! The things that that girl comes up with sometimes! She sure keeps us laughing!
Just thought I'd share that funny story...while I still find it funny. Who knows, when I am not completely exhausted I might not find it as silly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Oh I hate days like those! I'm glad you could find something to laugh at though. I usually don't find ANYTHING funny on putrid days like those.
I can commiserate with you a little. Greg doesn't have 3 jobs BUT he does have to attend every BYU home football and basketball game AND other events during the week that he's in charge of. His church calling takes Sundays and a weeknight, too. It does take a toll on me sometimes. He's been out of town for 5 days this week and I'm ready for some quiet time. I certainly do appreciate him A LOT more when he's gone so much and I always look forward to the last basketball game in March. I don't know how single mom's do it. Papa Murphy's is my standby for nights like yours and a sense of humor is essential!!
I can't even imagine how single mom's do it! I don't even work away from home and I'm so exhausted by bedtime I can't think straight and I usually end up shouting or losing patience with the kids. Sad some nights that the last thing my kids hear at night is me hollering to say (or get) in bed! Jason is in the YM presidency and so I don't see him Wed. nights, either. Oh how I remember the days when things were so simple and quiet! Jason would be home by 4:30 and we'd have the whole night to be together. That was after he got his Masters and didn't last long! I know it's only gonna get crazier when the kids get older and are going different directions! I guess I need to enjoy today!!!
Now that's FUNNY! I love it- when my kids were little I had a journal I kept of all the funny things they said. It's now in the basement closet, how I wished I would've kept up on it. Make sure you do- THANKS for the laugh!
p.s. Way to HANG in there!!! =0)
Oh Sissy, I wish that I lived closer so that I could help you out more. You are such an amazing Mom and Jason is such a wonderful Father and provider! These times are just temporary and some day you'll both look back at your lives and realize how much help you had from above! And E I E I OH is just that little help that you needed!! hee-hee
I remember working 3 jobs and your mother 2 Tara, remember? We still made time for 'quality' kid time! It has always been my beleif that as parents our responsibilty is to make a space for our children to be as happy as they choose to be. (Maybe this is called 'spoiling them'? I don't think so.) Remember Tara, you hated McDonalds? We would drive to four different fast food places so that each of you could be happy and have your favorite food, remember? Is that crazy? I still don't think so. I think you grew up happy! Thats called 'nuturing'? Isn't that what the "Proclomation on Families" tells me is my job? Not to create 'guilt' in you wonderful young parents, that are by the way, much better at this than we ever were!, But to remind you of what I wrote that I had discovered last week in my almost, passing to other worlds, "the 'little things' are the 'Big things'. "Cherish the Moment." Pa Pa Merrill
I remember working 3 jobs and your mother sometimes 2 Tara. We still tried to make time, as you, for quality time, vacations, camping, outings etc., as you! Do you remember us having to visit FOUR DIFFERENT fast food places a night because none of you liked the same food? I beleive that "nuturing" (Family Proclomation), means trying to create space for children to "have Joy"-- (Purpose of Life!) Is this 'spoiling'? I don't think so. Remember what I said last week Tara, am learning as I get old, that "the little things are the BIG THINGS! lOVE YOU.
I didn't mean to 'post twice' sorry, still learning.
Oh we all have days like those! I was glad to be able to talk with you on Sunday. Please let me know if you ever want to drop the kids off to play, and you are welcome to drop in and visit when ever you want. You're a wonderful mother and an amazing person.
yeah, my kids like McDonalds too. And I usually hate it, but with this pregnancy, the dollar double cheeseburger tempts me now and then!
Jason is so ambitious, and you are a great and supportive wife. It WILL pay off in the future for you!Hang in there.
The whole E I E I OH!!! thing is hilarious!! A few days ago Cambrie made her own snack and upon doing so proclaimed "I did! I did it myself Mommy! I'm a ROCK STAR!!!" I laughed so hard too. Pretty funny. Gotta love what kids say.
Post a Comment