Saturday, September 27, 2008

I needed this tonight...

I saw this on a blog tonight and I think I really needed it! It's been a rough couple of days with Jason working until late and Nicole was off school. I thought we'd be able to do some fun things but Tyler woke up Thursday with a fever and was throwing up. Then Morgan started with a stuffy nose and cough that night. I kept her home from preschool Friday and she came into me this morning and threw up all on my bed. (great wake up call) Jason has to work all weekend and we won't see much of him until Wednesday (after the closeout...it's the government end of year stuff in Sept.) Anyway...I've been havin' my own pitty party over here, barely keeping sane at times, and I saw this... I wish I knew how to attach the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG9XfJxMY8A

Puts it all back into perspective.

6 comments:

Maureen said...

Thanks, Tara. This song says it all. I never knew life could speed by so fast before I had something worth slowing it down for. This reminds me why I try so hard to do the right thing so that some day I may have my family sealed to me in the temple. It's going by so fast and I have no promise. Thank you for sharing.

Rach said...

Wow, that really made me tear up. That's a beautiful song. Sometimes it's hard to treasure the days when everything seems to be going wrong and all the kids are screaming at once, but I know that someday I will look around, the kids will be grown and gone and I will desperately wish I could go back in time 10 years. Thanks for the reminder.

Teeples Family said...

I love Trace Adkins! I heard that song a while ago and loved it then too. What makes it even greater is that he is a dad to 3 (or 4) little girls of his own, so you know that song comes from his own experience of parenting! Thanks for sharing it-i needed it too!

Gillett's said...

gee, THANKS! I needed a good cry- I haven't heard of that song before. But it expresses what I've been feeling for a while now of just what Life will be like when I'm not taxiing, doing homework, soccer games all weekend, instead of date night, etc. I KNOW I will miss it, & I want to make sure I'm in the MOMENT now, because I know it will happen sooner than I'd like. Thanks- By the way, I hope they hadn't been eating "Doritios" or Fruit Punch the night before.

Tara said...

No fruit punch or Doritos, but Tyler had just had a sipper cup of milk...just long enough to sour a bit...eewww!!

Rachel said...

Oh I'm so sorry things are so tough right now. Please let me know if you need anything. You're a great mom and friend.