Saturday, August 30, 2008

Good news/bad news on my Dad...

A little bit of a scare today with my dad. I got a call from my sister this evening with her saying, "First of all, everything's alright now." If that doesn't get your heart beating, I don't what does! I guess she was with my parents today and my dad all of a sudden started repeating himself. Then one of them said something about President Hinckley dying and he said, "What?! Pres. Hinckley died?" They thought he was joking until he asked who the prophet was then and when they told him, he said again, just as shocked as before, "What?! President Hinckley died?"
This of course freaked my mom and Tiffany out! They decided they should call the doctor and Tiff got a hold of her bro-in-law who is a doctor and he said to take him to the ER immediately. As they were getting him ready, they heard back from his doctor at the U of U hospital and he said that he was probably seizuring and that they needed to get him to the nearest hospital ASAP. Turns out he had what I think is called...oh I can't remember what they called it, but I guess he has to be on the anti-seizure medication again. (poor guy, it gave him terrible headaches) They say he still might seizure and to watch him tonight, but that the meds will help. Luckily, he is home tonight. My poor mom about had a panic attack! Can you imagine?!! I guess from what Tiff has told me, he keeps asking them if he had a stroke. She said that he remembers things like his kids names and siblings and grand kids, but not the date or month. It's mostly short term memory that he's struggling with. They tell them that it's all temporary, but I think he could really use out prayers! My parents are BOTH such amazing people and I hate to see them struggle with things like this! Their faith is INCREDIBLE! What wonderful examples they are to me! Please pray for them!

5 comments:

Rach said...

Tara, your Mom and Dad will definitely be in our prayers. Please, PLEASE let me know if I can do anything for you.

Maureen said...

We will all be praying for your father. Remember you have lots of friends here who love you and want to help. Call if you need us!

Gillett's said...

Thank you for keeping us updated on the latest thru your blog. Please give your mom & dad our BEST and we will continue to pray for his health & your mother's strength. We LOVE you all- Take Care of each other! xoxoxo

Siri said...

We love your family so very much, Tara. We will absolutely be praying for your Dad. Here's to no more heart stopping phone calls.

Teeples Family said...

Oh Tara, I hope that he is doing better now! What a scary thing for you all. How is he doing this week?