Thursday, August 7, 2008

Key word: DODGEball

So, I'm relaxing, reading a book last night when I get a phone call from the Bishop. There's been a little accident with "quite a bit of blood" at the Young Men activity. Apparently they were playing dodge ball (or some wacky version of it) and a giant brick wall jumped out behind Jason and split his head open! The Bishop took him to the ER and I was able to meet them there (thanks to Rick & Wendy, our wonderful next door neighbors who came to sit with the kids). We had to wait for quite a while with Jason bleeding but in the end he's got 8 staples and a goose egg the size of my fist! I took some great photos on my cell phone before the staples, but I have no idea how to get them off the phone. So here is a great one after he cleaned off most of the blood...he thought it'd be too gross otherwise.

7 comments:

Papa Merrill said...

Tiffany came back from Colorado Springs raving about Tara's and Jason's WONDERFUL FRIENDS. Rick and Wendy, I thank God for ya'll every day of my life. You worry so much about your "little ones" when you can't be there if and when they need you. You two are Saints for us. Above and Beyond the call of even good Christians you two have always been there for 'my little ones'. Words are inadequate in trying to express our gratitude to and for you. For even sending a get well card, personally for me. May God Bless!
Ya'll are more than friends you are Family Forever!
Love ya: Pa Pa Merrill and Shari.

JAT247 said...

YOU ARE KIDDING ME! Well, if its not off to the hospital or doctor for the kids, its for our 'big' boys! LOL!

Rach said...

Oh my goodness!! There have been quite a few accidents lately at mutual. Wow, just looking at that gives me a headache.

Maureen said...

Kevin said when he hit the wall you could hear it CRACK! This give me the heebie-jeebies to look at. Poor Jason!

Tiffany said...

I guess when Jason saw the "sexy Frankenstein look" that Dad had goin on he just had to go out and get it for himself!!! Chicks do dig scars Jason! jk I am sooo sorry! I wish I could have been there to help! Thank heavens for Rick & Wendy! We love you!

WendyD said...

Tara & Jason's family are just equally a blessing to us! God has blessed us with wonderful neighbors, who are so much like family. We love their family and are happy to be there when they are in need. We were honored to be invited to Nicole's baptism and get to meet more of the family. \

So happy that both Jason and Merrill are on the mend. You are in our prayers!!!

Blessings & Love, Rick & Wendy DeMatto

The Easton Family said...

So glad you left a comment! You're welcome to visit anytime! :) I'll link yours to ours if that's o.k. ;)