Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First Day of School...


Can you believe it's that time already? This has been the fastest summer I can ever remember in my life! I know old folks say that time goes by faster the older you get...is that what's happening? Am I getting OLD? I didn't think so until I was looking through some old photo files to find Nicole's first days of school. They really DO grow up too fast!


Here is Nicole on her first day of Kindergarten...

And on the first day of 1st grade...

And I can't seem to find the one of her on the first day of 2nd grade, so here are a couple of us hiking over Labor Day weekend just after she started 2nd grade...


And here she is today...the first day of 3rd grade!


Morgan had to wear her backpack, too even though she doesn't start preschool for 2 weeks. That's going to be hard for me! I like having all my little chickies home!

6 comments:

Laurel C. said...

Well if it makes you feel any better, I think time has flown too! I still have Nicole locked in as that little girl in the picture going to kindergarten. That's how I remember her. I don't think I've seen her in person for 4 years!

Your kids truly are growing up fast. But they are cute as can be!

Maureen said...

How can the days go by so slowly and the years zip past us so fast? I'm with you, having the kids home is the best. Hug 'em tight!

Tiffany said...

Looking at those photos makes me feel like it was just yesterday! Before we know it we'll be little ol' ladies going out to dinner together at 4:00! I love your cute blog today! Tell Nicole she looked so beautiful on her BIG first day!

Natalie said...

She is growing up and she's just so pretty!

Teeples Family said...

Those are some great pictures! They sure do grow up fast don't they. I hope Nicole had a great first day--ours was a little traumatic!

Teeples Family said...

Those are some great pictures! They sure do grow up fast don't they. I hope Nicole had a great first day--ours was a little traumatic!