Friday, July 18, 2008

Update Number Two

Kind of a bit of a shock...they are discharging my dad right now! I guess that it turns out the cyst wasn't as "acute" as they had originally thought and it seems to have shifted a bit. They have him on some sort of medication that helps shrink the veins in the brain to help take some of the stress off it and the spinal cord...(remember-this is all 2nd hand info and what I can actually remember) and are sending him home (with lots of instructions of do's and don'ts) until Monday night for surgery scheduled on Tuesday morning. I guess this is good. We're all a little confused and shocked though. It was so critical just hours ago, and now it's at a point they say it's better this way because the surgery won't be done in an emergency situation. I guess this is better somehow? I truly believe it has something to do with all of your prayers and for those who had his name put on the prayer rolls at the temples. Thank you all!!!
My dad is such an amazing guy. Even last night when I was talking to him, he was so positive! He even had me laughing through tears at one point! Anyone who knows him knows he is a real joker and that has helped me so much right now. He is an amazing man with so much FAITH! We should all learn from him...and we ALL have at some point or another! I get to go be with him before he goes in for surgery and I am very grateful for that. He will celebrate his 65th birthday SUNDAY and I am so glad I get to spend it with him...at HOME!

I'll keep updates coming....

Thanks to everyone for their support and for offering to help with my kids!

4 comments:

Gillett's said...

Amen, on the whole- he's someone that can make you laugh & he is one you learn a lot from. We've all been blessed to have him as a father, brother, uncle, friend, etc. Thank you for the updates, please keep them coming. And may you all enjoy his 65th birthday!

coloradoeaston said...

Tara my heart goes out to you and your family right now. We will definintely remember him in our prayers. I am glad that you are there with him.
Lots of Love,
Sarah

Rach said...

I'm glad that things are better. I'll pray that the surgery goes well. Let us know if you need ANYTHING.

JAT247 said...

Hey beautiful!
Just wanted you to know that I have been thinking about you A LOT! We have so so many awesome memories growing up together. I love you and your family so much! You are in our thoughts and prayers. We hope that meeting with the doctors today, finds him much peace and more understanding. Thank you for the continued update.