Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

We had a great 4th of July! Jason got up early and went golfing with some friends from church. I got to sleep in a little, since Tyler didn't get up until 8:00am. Then we went up to the mountains to hike Devils Head. http://www.stevegarufi.com/devilshead.htm (I don't know how to attach links, so go here if you want to see cool photos.)
It's an amazing old fire station that was built into a huge rock. You can see out over the Rockies. It was once used to spot forest fires. Maybe they still use it? I don't know, 'cause we didn't get to the top this time. Jason and I hiked it once right after we were married and I was in much better shape! It's only 1.4 miles but you gain almost 1,000 feet in elevation! It's a beautiful hike and the kids did awesome! I was the one who "suggested" we head back once we hit the half way point. I knew the kids were hungry (we'd only snacked for lunch) and it was WAY past nap time for Tyler. I was not only exhausted, I didn't want to have to carry anyone down when they hit a wall...which as mothers, I think we know when the limit is near for our kids. (Although, they sometimes surprise us, huh?) Tyler wanted to walk by himself, even though it was tough and he really need to hold someones hand at times. He's VERY independent that way...he's two, need I say more? The girls were real troopers and Morgan wasn't very happy to head back down until we found them all walking sticks. (That reminds me, they're still in the back of the van. Yes, we HAD to keep them.) Here are a few photos of our day...



And the best part of all was the kiddie pool that evening to cool off! Jason is such a great dad. The girls wanted him to swim with them, even though it's only a foot deep! He played and splashed with them and they loved it! If only he could do the slip-n-slide! He'd show them how it's really done!

2 comments:

Gillett's said...

What FUN!!! I'm glad you're 4th was one to remember...even if it was exhausting.=0) Yes, we had a great time in Powell. That pic of Colby to the right side on my blog is Kelly's oldest that just home from his mission in March. He's getting married in August. WoW! Digi goes by Carey Lynn mostly I think, but family still calls her Digi. They live in Bismarck, ND & I'm know would love family to visit. And would help to settle people in up there. She is the Seminary teacher- seem familiar? LOL I love keeping up w/ fam through blogs. I love yours- and your kids are TOO CUTE! Take Care, Love- Brooke send my LOVE to your family.

Tiffany said...

Hey-looks like you guys had fun. It was so strange not to be with you this year. To answer your question, yes, I went darker on my hair. I thought I told ya that, but I can't remember anything these days. I'm still trying to get used to it. My blog background has been weird all day. I noticed yours was just dark brown earlier today too. What's up with that? I guess we get what we paid for ha-ha.