Monday, July 21, 2008

Just a quick update...
I am in Utah right now with my parents. They are heading to the hospital to meet with the doctors who will be performing the surgery tomorrow. I am amazed at how strong they have been through this whole ordeal! My dad is a ROCK! When I arrived Saturday morning and saw him walking down the hall (cane in hand) to greet me, I lost it. I was so grateful to be able to be here with him! He's doing well with the medications to bring the swelling down in the brain and the anti-nausea stuff has helped a lot. He's like Pres. Hinckley with that cane, though. I think the grand kids have been poked and prodded with it more than anything...he even jokes with it as if he were blind. What a nut! We all keep teasing him that the meds to bring the swelling down is also shrinking his brain! :) My brother jokes that we need to put both my parents in a "home"... with my mom and her blood clots and now my dad and his brain cyst...they're quite the pair! That's what retirement will do to ya!
I'm just so glad to be here and I get to stay now until after his surgery, thanks to a wonderful husband who has taken over everything at home and to some amazing friends who will help with my kids tomorrow. I am not the kind of person who asks for help and this time I didn't even need to ask...it was just taken care of! Thank you guys!!!
I'll let you all know how it goes....

No comments: