I was looking forward to the first day of summer vacation yesterday. Sleeping in...relaxing...hangin' out with the kids. Basically being lazy. Well, that's not how it went down yesterday. It's taken me a day to post this, partly because I knew at some point I'd find it humorous (just not right away). I've just about gotten to that point, but here's a run-down of my morning:
6:40am - Wake up to Tyler banging on his door telling me he's awake. As I've mentioned in previous posts, we put one of those child-proof doorknob things on so he can't get out.
6:43am - I send him downstairs to watch TV with Nicole & Morgan who have been up since who-knows-when. Then crawl back in bed for 'just a few more minutes'.
7:12am - Hear Nicole yelling at Tyler so I drag myself downstairs to find Tyler has pulled a chair up to the kitchen sink, opened the soap dispenser and poured it down the front of the cabinet.
7:13am - Clean up...then back to my cozy bed once more.
7:25-8:00am - Non-stop fighting, yelling, whining....kids coming in to my bed to tattle on this or that.
8:03am - Phone call from a friend. Chat for a few minutes, all while Tyler writes all over the end of my fleece blanket on my bed with pen. Right in front of me, I might add. He had his back to me and, silly me, I thought he was writing on a notebook. Won't make that mistake again.
8:10am - Take pen away. Discuss ink removal with Kristeen on phone.
8:20am - Still on phone while Tyler heads into my bathroom. Don't think much of it until I hear him fall off the counter and water spilling everywhere! Quickly get off phone...find Tyler has filled the sink and a water bottle (which is now spilling onto the carpet) and had slipped off the sink.
8:21am - Not feeling sorry for him.
8:22am - Clean up. Then put contacts in and throw clothes on.
8: 40am - Head downstairs.
8: 41am - FIND THIS:
8: 42 am - Send ALL kids outside before I kill them.
ALL BEFORE 9:00am. And it didn't get much better as the day went on...

11 comments:
It always takes some time before things like this are funny. That is one busy kid.
I totaly feel your pain!!! I want to run away and never come back sometimes!!! There is no way I was soooo bad as these boys are!! LOL You do have a really busy little boy on your hands!! :) He sure is cute though!!
Oh, I hope the summer gets better! But now, I am REALLY going to enjoy this last week of my kids being in school!
Mom was just wondering 'what' he is going to do while here in July? Our house is 'not' childproof!! I'd better get busy? I think we'd have to 'bulldoze' half of it out the door first.....wait, according to Braydon, thats not a bad idea!! We had a kid in Louisianna several years ago tell us that, "he knew we were old because we had so many knick-nacks and junk all over our house". If he could only see us now huh?
Oh Tara!! Too funny! But, I do feel a little guilty about laughing so much at your pain!
Gotta love your kids!! That was definitly a bad morning. Let's hope the rest of the summer goes better than that!!
I can laugh at those things now that my kids are older. You will too one of these days. I am sure your summer will be a great one even if you don't have mornings to sleep in. Again, even though I have older kids, I miss the days to sleep in.
What a stressful day! (although I was laughing to myself as I was reading this..) Here's hoping for a relaxing rest of the summer! Good luck with your surgery, I will be thinking about you!
My favorite line is: "8:21 Not feeling sorry for him"....you totally crack me up! I was exhausted just reading about your morning...I think I'll go take a nap...haha.
Glad you grabbed the camera. Cramming all the chaos into one day is one thing, but before Mom should even be awake! Only 87 days until school starts again...
ahhhhh!!! Summer...
Need I say anything more?
Post a Comment