Sunday, February 1, 2009

Party!

Ok, so as you all know we are huge Broncos fans but seeing how they didn't make it to the Super bowl (moment of silence) we were cheering for the under dog Cardinals! (sigh...another moment of silence)

BUT...That didn't stop our festivities!!! I grew up with my mom throwing huge Super bowl parties, no matter who was playing. She, of course never watched them. It was just another excuse for a party! She always had the whole spread with food and drinks! Fun memories!

So this year we had a party of our own here. We had 7 layer dip, queso, little smokies, the works! The kids and I were really excited to make our own bagel pizzas but were very disappointed when we pulled out the bagels and they were moldy!! (Don't ever buy bagels at Costco! I've made that mistake twice now!) Luckily we had some frozen Bagel bites and that made the kids just as happy. I also fell victim to the Costco marketing scheme by buying the huge chocolate cake with the football on top that they strategically placed right as you walk in the door. It was diabetic-coma-inducing GOOD! We still have lots if anyone wants to stop by. I tried calling our neighbors to take some but they weren't home. We'll have to catch them tomorrow. :)



Anyway...here is the only photo I got of said cake:

Hope you all had a fun Sunday, too!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I suppose with a football-loving husband and four boys, I should be more involved with the Superbowl. For me it's just an excuse to buy potato chips (my weakness). We did make chocolate donuts yesterday for the game (see blog). We were rooting for the Cardinals, too. The boys (well, some of them) were yelling right along with Dad at the end.

Bailey's said...

We sure missed you at our party!!! Thank heavens for these blogs so we can see "the cake" immediately.

Kiss the kids for us!

Love Mom

JC said...

Go Steelers!

Jana said...

Sounds fun, but I hate FOOTBALL!!! :) Cute pic!!

Tara said...

Ok...who is JC? Show yourself! :)

Tiffany said...

Wish we could have partied together. You were with us in Spirit! Yummy cake!

JC said...

I revealed myself on Delurker Day!
Go Steelers!