Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Post #2 Today!

Ok, I know I've already posted today, but I had to write about 2 things before I forget.

For the last couple of days Morgan has been asking me to sing her "The Library Song" at bedtime. I've been racking my brain trying to remember what song she's talking about and she is SO adamant that I know it. "You know Mom...The Library song!!" So she's gone to bed with my lame attempts to make something up (I do that often) but she's not letting it go. Then, tonight I finally figured it out. She wanted "Book of Mormon Stories"! Ya know, the LIBRARY song! (wha' the???) Picture the actions that go along with the song...that's how I realized what she was asking for, when she finally made the book with her hands! Frustrating, but NOW I'll know what she's talking about when she asks for "The Library Song". I'd better pass that info on to Jason or he might have the same problem some night.

The next thing I wanted to post about is Tyler. Yes, I know, BIG surprise! He's up to no good AGAIN! Well, lately he's been taking off all of his clothes and his diaper. He loves to run around in the buff! It drives me crazy 'cause I don't want him to pee anywhere! It was really bad when he went through that bout with diarrhea. (eewww) I'm about ready to get out the duct tape! My girls didn't do this! Is it a boy thing? Gimme some advice! He also has been throwing things down the heater vents!!!! I found over $2.00 in change the other day, not to mention 4 matchbox cars and a toy screw driver! I think he likes to hear it clank, so the louder-the better for him. I don't know what else he's put down there, but the thing he seems to prefer is money. Any advice on that one? I can't cover up and duct tape down ALL my vents? I've considered ripping off both his arms, but then child services might frown upon that. :) kidding

Today when I was talking with my sister on the phone, Morgan came running in telling me frantically that "Tyler has that thing!" Before I could get out "What thing?" I could smell the "thing" she was talking about. He'd gotten the air freshener from the bathroom and was spraying her and everything else he could with it.
I quickly ran downstairs and called him in a stern voice, "Tyler!"
Response: "Huh?"
Me...again, voice lowered and angry sounding: "Where are you!"
Response - almost same tone as mine and mad: "I don't know!"
My sister found it hilarious! Me? Not so much.
That kid has spent more time in time-out than an inmate! On Sunday I guess he hit a kid in nursery and then went and put himself in time-out! His teachers got a kick outta that one. I just see "Juvie" in his future. (juvenile court - again, kidding!)

Anyway...that's what my last few days have been like. Funny or not, it's NOT boring!

8 comments:

Jana said...

I love it!! Sorry but that is so funny!! Ya know it is so funny when you are not the mom!!! :) Good luck to you!!

Bailey's said...

I am laughing too. It is really funny when you are not the one having to clean out the heater vents. I do hope the boy lives to be 3!!!!!

Kiss Morgan and Nicole and "sing" them the "library" song.

Love MOM

Stephanie said...

I've not had much experience with kids taking off their clothes and diapers. With 4 boys I've not dealt with it, so maybe it's not a "boy thing", just a "toddler thing".

But, you could try putting a screen under your vents. I'm picturing a loose screen, or even netting, that you can wrap under the vent. Something that would keep the air flow, but keep the big stuff from going down. Just a thought. I'm sure he'll just get tired of this trick soon and move on to another one, and you won't have to deal with it.

Dirk and Trish said...

Ditto what Jana said.
That would be so frustrating! For the diaper thing-when I was teaching nursery one of the girls would strip down in public, so her parents had to put her back in onesies. So I guess that's why they come in 36 mo.
The screen thing sounds like it might work. I wouldn't have thought of that! Good luck!

Jamie said...

Too funny. I say let the boy run naked - it makes him happy ;) And obviously the library song makes TOTAL sense! Emi has been obsessed with Mulan lately and she keeps talking about "vagina" which I realized was actually "China." I try my hardest to correct her without laughing or making a big deal about it.

Papa Merrill said...

I remember when, not so long ago, your brothers and sisters were all jealous of you Tara because they all said that, "you had it so EASY with your 'laid-back', obedient girls to raise? Am I right, or am I right? 'Karma'? Remember Elder Worthlin's talk on the "law of Compensation". "All things work to the GOOD of those who Love the Lord," and whom the Lord loves, I might add!! Cherish these days they pass 'way too quickly'!

Gillett's said...

Well, you can't ever say your BORED! Now can you??? Make sure you have record of all this so you can tell his parole officer that you TRIED to stop it all before it got to be too much. heehee =0)
Got to Love 'em-
The other night we asked the kids where we should go for dinner...BIG MISTAKE! Madi said let's go the the place that ends w/ "s" and it has those shake like things.???? "WHaT?"
After many resturant naming, etc. and an hour or so later we came to realize that "s" place was Los Hermanos, a Mexican resturant that has margaritas & daquiris. HuH?
Are mothers paid enough for this???
Add being an detective to your list of qualifications on your resume.

Tara said...

You need to post something about me!!! Like the birthday I never had, going to the park with Kendyll!

love me nicole