Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy 100th Post!!!


Ok, so I joined Facebook. I have to say I have mixed feelings about it. It seems more time consuming than blogging because there is SO MUCH to keep up on! I do NOT like the layout! It is so disorganized for my OCD mind and I never know where to look and where the new stuff is...it's spread all over the place. (Not to mention junking up my email every time someone sneezes!)I guess I just have to get used to it, but my #1 complaint is that if I do anything on it, like comment on someones page or change a photo, it lets EVERYONE of my "friends" know! Not likin' that. So we'll see how well I'll keep up on that.

So I was going to post some photos today of things we've been doing (like the Ice Festival) but I just realized that about the last 10 photos I've taken were in movie mode. It's kinda funny if you think about it. I was wondering why it wasn't clicking like it used to when I'd take a photo. I really have to pull out the owners manual on that thing. I don't know what I'm doing!
I did get a few photos NOT in movie mode of Friday night. We took the kids out to dinner and then had a movie night. We watched High School Musical 3 finally! Cute movie. Jason was good to sit though it. Now that's a good dad if ya ask me! :)

Nicole snuggling up for HSM3.

Morgan and Tyler

I took this one this morning. We've been having such beautiful weather that my flowers think it's SPRING! I planted some bulbs in fall of 2007 and they didn't come up last spring. I thought that the bunnies ate them all. I guess they take longer? Oh well, we'll just enjoy it while it lasts!

One last thing...we got a new bed this weekend! Our 10 1/2 year old queen sized bed has been hurting our backs so we got a new King! Last night was our first night on it and it was great! One question though...why do new mattresses smell? The sales guy said it would for a few days. It's not like the "new car smell" either...its kinda strong. I'll be breakin' out the Febreeze here soon, I think. Anyway, with the new bed the girls got our old one. They weren't liking bunk beds anymore. Neither of them wanted to be on the top bunk so the both usually ended up on the bottom together. It's a full on the bottom and we moved it into Tyler's room. My baby is now in a "big boy" bed. :( No more cribs at this house. Kinda sad. He did great last night but the real test will be for nap today. Not sure he's gonna stay in it. We'll see, he may surprise me!

So that has been the last few days for us! And can you believe THIS is my 100th post?!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! 100 posts. You must actually have a life, or at least be creative enough to make it SEEM like you have a life. It will take me years to get to 100 posts at my rate.

Mom and Camera said...

Congratulations on 100! I would love a new mattress. Ours was a GREAT mattress when we got it, but sadly not so much anymore. I asked Greg the other day if we could maybe get a bedroom set by the time we've been married 15 years (seems reasonable, right?) I think I might ammend it and ask for a mattress to go along with it :)!

Tiffany said...

I can't believe our baby boy is in a real big boy bed. I wanna cry. (You'll wanna cry now that he can be free at any time now...especially in the middle of the night!) I expect to have future blog posts about what Tyler has gotten into during nap time and at night...hee hee. Love that guy. Glad you liked your new bed.

Jana said...

Yay!! I hope you went out and celebrated your 100th post day, I know I like to make a holiday out of anything possible!! LOL :) I agree on the things you said about facebook, although I have enjoyed finding close old friends and catching up with them and meeting up with them, I have really loved that!!! :)

Tara said...

This may be mean, but I put one of those child-proof doorknob things on the inside of his door. He can't get out if he wanted to! I will sleep much better with this. It was either that or an electric shock collar...I thought this was a little more humane. he he :)

Rach said...

Yeah, 100 posts!! I can't believe you joined facebook. I am still trying to decide if I should join, but I don't need to spend any more time on the computer.=) And, we have put those doorknobs on the kids doors before, so if you are mean, so am I!

Natalie said...

Tara, there is a setting in facebook that allows you to decide if you want your comments published for all to see. I've set mine and I haven't noticed my comments to my friends listed on my wall. Does any of that make sense?

And Congrats on the new bed!! I would love a new one too, but I know the new one would just get hammered like this one. Dave and the boys use it as base in their battle games, so it gets roughed-up a bit.