Wednesday, February 11, 2009

So, do you ever find yourself driving out of your way so that you don't have to hear some of these things?
"I wanna go...Costco!"
"I wan' car wash!"
"School bus! Hooray!"
"Trator!"
"Hel-copter!!!"

My responses to these NEVER failing questions....

"Maybe later."
"Maybe another day."
"Yeah, school bus...hooray!"
"Yeah, tractor!"
"Yeah, Tyler, I see the helicopter." (as we pass the hospital)

I have to respond in those EXACT ways or he will say it over and over and over again until I do! They are the usual things we see every time we take Morgan to preschool and some days (like today) I just had to go a different direction 'cause he was already asking to go to Costco about 2 miles before we actually passed it. I wasn't sure that my responses would work today. He was REALLY wanting to go to Costco! Come to think of it, it has been 5 days since we've been there... I might need to make another run.

8 comments:

Laurel C. said...

I get the same thing. Except, I have a backseat driver, "Go THIS way, Mom!"

When you're driving alone, do you ever pass a fire engine and have to stop yourself from saying aloud to no one, "Hey! A fire engine!" What a waste of a perfectly good fire engine.

Teeples Family said...

I am going to Costco today--does Tyler want to come?

Last Saturday, Tanner didn't want to eat his lunch because he didn't like it. We told him that he couldn't have anything else to eat before, and that included Costco samples, as we were going that afternoon. That threatening was more than enough to make him eat his lunch!
I like the samples too!

Amber said...

I'm with Laurel...things that I often find myself complaining about are the things I miss when I'm alone...but I can stand to miss them every once in a while.
btw, I think you must have been thinking penny, because of Tyler's obsession with putting money down the vents. haha!

Mom and Camera said...

SO FUNNY! I have done that and I have also done what Laurel explains. The funniest time I did it, I was on a date with Greg (it wasn't a fire engine--my girls don't get terribly excited by those!)

Tiffany said...

At least he's not saying "I wanna go to the mall!" That's what my kids would be saying. I wonder where Mommy likes to go?

Jamie said...

Emi is the same way, we have to give her the exact answer she is looking for or we are going to hear about it. It doesn't take kids long to learn the awesomeness of Costco. Especially around lunch time :)

Rach said...

You crack me up! My kids LOVE Costco too. I love it too though. It's an addiction I tell you.

Dirk and Trish said...

That is exactly the type of thing that comes from our backseat, too. For some reason D doesn't always hear/register, so after the 4th time, I have to tell him to respond so she'll quit repeating.
Now she's on this kick of talking to the car, and we have to reply in a weird voice or she argues that she's just asking the car.