Meet Madam President of her 3rd grade class!
As I mentioned in a previous post , Nicole was running for class President for this quarter. (They have a different name for it, but that's essentially what it is.) She gave a wonderful speech today that she wrote and the class voted! I loved her speech and wanted to share it with you...
If you vote for me I can’t promise anything like popcorn machines under your chair. But I can promise to do my best. I could help with problems or play with you at recess if you don’t have a friend. I could also be a good example of being quiet when Mr. Hepperle isn't in the room. I will be nice to everyone and help if somebody is hurt. I can try to make people smile if they are sad. I could help you with Math or any other problems. I think you should vote for me because I am nice to other kids. And that’s why you should vote for me!
Way to go Nicole!

11 comments:
Nicole: WE are so proud of you! With all of the politicsal speeches I've heard or read this past year--finally one that shows TRUE caring and LOVE! Thank you!
That was an awesome speech! What a sweetie!
Congrats Nicole!
Can you please come to my house and be a good example of being quiet for my kids? And help them with their math? Thanks!
Yay Nicole! Hmm...honesty in office, that's nice. The speech is so true to her. She is such a sweety!
Thanks for all your commets.
I can't wait to see you all!(where ever you live).
love you,
nicole
Wow, that's exciting!! Congratulations Nicole! I love the part about the popcorn machines under the chairs. She's such a crack up. With a speech like that I would have voted for you to!
Yay, how AWESOME!! i love the speech, how dang cute!! Congratulations Nicole, I new you would make it!! :)
Was another kid promising popcorn machines under the chairs? If so, what political strategy for her to use it in her favor. If not, what creativity. Way to go!
Nope, she came up with that all on her own! She said that in campaigns that sometimes people make big promises they can't keep and she didn't want to do that. So that is what she came up with! Funny, huh?
Thanks everyone!
Was there ever any doubt? No way! How could anyone NOT vote for her on looks alone, but all shallowness aside....great speech
Coley! We are so proud of you! We see many great things for you in your future! This is only the beginning!
Nicole, We are so proud of you. You are going to be the best "president" ever. We love you very much. Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Grandma Bailey
Post a Comment