Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kids say the darndest things...

Kids can sometimes catch you off guard, can't they? Today while I was putting my feet up and reading for a few minutes (I'm trying to finish The Book Thief -have you read it?)...anyway, I'm rambling again... So there I was, stretched out on the couch with a book in my hand when Morgan comes up from the basement, walks over to me and says, "Mom, thanks for everything you do!" and kisses me on the forehead. Then she just turns around and walks right back downstairs! Wha' the? It was so cute and I have no idea where that came from, but I'll take it any day!

Don't 'cha just love those kind of "Pay days" for moms? It makes the last few days being cooped up with sick kids all worth it!

8 comments:

Mom and Camera said...

I love those moments. Be sure to write it down so you can remember it when she is a teenager. We read The Book Thief a few months ago (October) for book club. I really liked the story, but didn't like the German words.

Dirk and Trish said...

So sweet! I love those moments. That's why I refer to my new job (SAHM) as a promotion! The hours are rough, sometimes the boss (kid) is in a bad mood, but the benefits outweigh any 401K.

Tiffany said...

Awe...it's a good thing we have these precious moments ....otherwise we'd sell 'em to the gypsies!

Jana said...

I love those moments, but I wish they were a little more common then they are!! Cute, Cute!! :)

Rach said...

How sweet is that? Did you cry? I might have teared up a little bit. Did everyone else get the stomach stuff?

Brooke said...

Dang, when I'm curled up reading a book (you already know that I LOVED The Book Thief!), my kids usually respond with a constant whine - something along the lines of "I'm-hungry-I'm-bored-Why-won't-you-play-with-me?-Can-you-help-me?-He-isn't-being-nice-to-me!-Mom!-Mom!" . . .

You are a lucky woman!

Siri said...

Today, while I was about to take Cambrie home from Kindergarten, some military men and women, dressed in camo, walked into the school. I guess they were doing a presentation for some of the older kids. Cambrie pointed to them and shouted ... "Mom, Look! Americans!" I couldn't help but laugh.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!! yeah, those moments definitely make the rest worth it!