Monday, January 19, 2009

Nothing new...

I didn't have anything I wanted to post about today so I thought I just throw in a photo of the kids from New Year's Day. Are they cute or what? I have about a million things I should be doing right now and am not. It's been a busy weekend. Jason and I have been trying to get things organized around the house. (basement, storage, garage, kids bedrooms, etc.) We've had many little projects going on and I feel somewhat relieved. I hate when things are disorganized. I am NOT a saver. I hate hanging on to things "just in case I might need it someday". I do admit, however, that there have been times I've gotten rid of something only to wish I hadn't down the road. In the fall we had a garage sale and got rid of a bunch of baby things. (yes, I am done!) And this weekend, I've given away all of Tyler's baby clothes. That was a little rough, I have to say. It's not that I want another baby, its' just hard to see your baby getting bigger. Ya know? Oh, and I did take Morgan in to see the doctor today. She fell down the stairs last weekend and hurt her ankle. She's been limping on it for about 9 days now and we thought we'd better just get it checked out. The doctor looked at it and then had it x-rayed because I guess where she hurt it could easily have chipped a bone. It wasn't broken, though. I didn't think it was but we just wanted to make sure. How bad would I have felt if it was?! She wasn't complaining or anything, just limping still. I guess it's just a sprain. From what I understand, those can take weeks to heal!
Anyway...that's my post for the day!

7 comments:

Jana said...

Oh poor Morgan, get better!!! Very cute kids!!

Stephanie said...

I sprained my ankle from falling down the stairs carrying my baby brother (baby was fine). I still remember how badly it hurt, but never got taken to the doctor. I just had to ride my bike with one foot (not an easy thing to do), and hop around for a while. My mom was also shopping for a new piano, so that meant I had to sit in the car for HOURS outside music shops (times were different then). I feel your pain, Morgan.

Mom and Camera said...

I do not like things being disorganized either. Right now, I feel like my house is half and half. We have been cleaning out a lot of stuff in the basement as we get ready to finish it (yeah!!) Yet some other areas are a mess. I am a bit of a saver, but Greg is NOT!!! It is a good balance. His throwing out tendencies get him in trouble from time to time--like the time he threw out a $100+ check. He dug through the garbage for a while, all the time insisting that he wouldn't have thrown that away. He did! His good cleaning skills keep me organized, though. I am very thankful for that.

Jamie said...

I am also always throwing things away! My kids especially get mad when I throw away their homework but they should know better than to leave it on the floor. I am still hanging on to the baby girl clothes, though. For some reason I just can't let go...

Tiffany said...

Brinley is nine and it's still hard for me to give away her stuff. It just is such an indicator of how fast she is growing up. Poor Morgy. I hope she gets feeling better soon. Tell her we love her. Wish we could have been with you on New Year's. It was weird without you. Love Ya.

Tiffany said...

Btw...I've given up on my house and especially my garage EVER being organized! I'm jealous!

Rach said...

Sprains can be rough. I sprained my ankle so bad once, that it took two weeks before I could walk on it without a lot of pain. You are opposite of me, I save things because I know that the second I throw them out I will need them. It's a good thing we have moved every few years or our house would be full of junk! I have got better about throwing things out now that we have four kids collecting junk as well.