I just want to thank everyone for their prayers, phone calls, flowers, meals, and everything else so many of you have done for me and my family over the last few weeks. It's been a rough road, but I feel that I am finally on the mend. I went in on Tuesday (June 2
nd) for my hysterectomy. We were hoping to be able to do it
laproscopically (
sp?), but unfortunately it didn't happen that way. They had to slice me open, which makes for a harder recovery as I am finding. They found that my uterus was the size of a softball on the top and that there was so much scar tissue that the ovaries and part of the uterus had attached to part of the intestines. So, after all that I was in recovery for quite a while because my blood pressure kept dropping as low as 60/35. When they finally were able to get that under control I was moved to a room. Things seemed to go alright - besides the wicked gas pains!!!
Apparently during surgery they fill your insides with gas to see around in there and when they close you up, not all of it is released and it can settle in your shoulders and back. THAT, I think, was probably the worst part those first few days..... ANYWAY.... on Friday I was ready to go home. I wasn't feeling well that day but as I got dressed and ready to come home, I began throwing up (a lot) and the nurses were rushing around getting me back in bed as I was puking (not fun on a sliced up gut). They were trying to start an IV on me again but I dehydrated so quickly and my veins kept collapsing. They had to call in the Flight for Life team and it still took 4 of them an hour and a half to finally get an IV going! I can't tell you how many times they poked and dug. I counted 13 holes/bruises on one arm. They were even checking out my neck. Not a fun memory. Needless to say, I didn't get to come home that day. We're not sure what happened but I was feeling better by Saturday afternoon to come home. Thankfully,
Jason's parents kept the kids until Sunday afternoon so I had a little time to rest. My parents came Sunday night and have been here all week helping/doing everything. I didn't realize how little I would be able to do. Just sitting up wears me out. That's why this is the first time I've been able to get on the computer. One other set back was that my incisions got infected and on Monday I started on an antibiotic. I had to give it a couple of days before they were able to take the staples out. It was pretty painful to have those infected but I got them out yesterday and I feel much better. I feel like I can move a little more and can be up for longer periods. I have to be careful, though. I'll think that I'm feeling good and then will hit a wall! I'm taking things easy and am so grateful for Jason and my parents helping me heal. I'm thankful for my in-laws who had the kids all week! I'm
soooo grateful for all the WONDERFUL meals that have been brought in. But most of all, I'm so thankful for all of you!! It's been so nice knowing that I can call on any of you if I need to!
THANK YOU!
There...I'm exhausted. I'm going back to bed!!
14 comments:
See Brett, we have been helping not just writing on my wall!!
Oh Tara, I am so sorry that things have been so miserable, but I am glad you are feeling a little bit better! I hope things continue to improve...glad your mom and dad are there too! You will be in my prayers! Wish I could do more!
I am glad that you are feeling better. Did you get my message? I should have called again, but did ask for updates from those that knew. Let me know what I can do?
I'm glad you are on the mend. I just got your message about dinner tomorrow. I'm still going to pick up Tyler though, right? I'll give you a call tomorrow. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Go get some rest!
I am sorry to hear that you have had such a horrible recovery, but I am glad that you are starting to feel better. I will continue to keep you in my thought and prayers!
Wow, you have had a rough time of it! Sounds worse than my c-sections. I got a uterus infection after my last c-section and I know how bad that makes you feel. I hope the drugs do the trick and you get better soon!
Oh Tara, you poor, poor thing!!! I am so sorry for all you have gone through with this!! You sound so optimistic too!! Keep getting better and we will keep you in our prayers!!! Wish we lived close, love ya!! :)
Glad today is a better day! Hopefully those antibiotics are kicking in by now! Talk to you soon!
So happy to have the worst behind you!!! Keep getting better--that's an order, sis!!! Love ya.
P.S. No one is praying harder for your recovery than I am....I'm the one taking your kids (aka: TYLER) if anything happens to you! haha You know I would be honored to do that and would love them like my own....but seriously--get better.
Glad to hear you are finally feeling better. Must be all of that great food you are getting!!
Wow, Tara! That sounds like a horrible experience. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. I am grateful that you have friends and family that are taking good care of you. Keep us posted.
I'm so glad you're finally getting better. I know that in a month you're going to be on top of your game! Love you!
I have not read your blog for a while, and I just saw what's been going on with you! I'm glad you're doing better now--that sounds like it was quite the ordeal!!! Hang in there, soon it will all be a long ago memory. We'll pray for your continued recovery.
Post a Comment