Monday, March 9, 2009

Time change-schmime change

Is it just me or has this time change really been a hard one? I can't seem to get on top of things. It all started with us being out late on Saturday night. We went up to Jason's parents house to celebrate the latest birthdays. It was hard to get up on Sunday, even though our church doesn't start until 11:00am. Then Tyler didn't go down for a nap until 3:30pm and we had to wake him up at 5:30pm. That led to him not going to sleep until after 10:00pm! Then he wouldn't nap at all today and that in itself threw me off! I am so exhausted tonight, I think I'll just crash in front of the T.V. as soon as the kids are FINALLY asleep!!

Remind me again WHY we even have this time change crap?

12 comments:

Laurel C. said...

I am right there with you! Of course, I've never been a morning person, but waking up for our 9 AM church yesterday physically hurt me! It's only an hour, but it feels like 20!

Brooke said...

I think we're just getting old. This has been the toughest time change that I can remember. I was so tempted to move to Arizona this morning, just so I wouldn't have to go through Daylight Savings Time (and so I could sit in the sun all afternoon). :-)

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it. I'd gotten used to M telling me when bedtime was, as the sun was setting. It's so much harder getting her to bed when it's still bright daylight out.

Dirk and Trish said...

So I'm not alone! It has been rough. I totally forgot about it Sunday until 10:30 when none of us had even showered yet, but we managed to only be 15 min. late for church. Then I assumed D had changed all the clocks and instead of being 15 min. early to dinner w/ friends, we were 45 min. late. This morning I set 3 alarms just to be sure! There is sooo not a point to this, and it drives me nuts they moved it up by like 3 weeks. (rant over)

Stephanie said...

Oh, you guys. I love that it's light later. Well, for now, but once it creeps into bedtime, not so cool. I think it's mostly psychological with all this "so hard to get up" stuff. Yes, the kids' internal clocks have been a little off these past few days, but they are young, they'll adjust. I managed to get up at 5:00 this morning, which was no harder than usual (5:00 is always hard for me, Daylight Savings or not). Just enjoy the evenings!

Rach said...

This is the time change I love!! Instead of getting up at 6:30, the kids have been sleeping in until almost 8. I am actually having to wake them up when we have to be somewhere. It's the other time change we have a problem with!

Papa Merrill said...

MANY years ago when this time change thing started, (yes, I do remember!), I went to pick my grandpa Jensen to take him to the hospital for a catarac operation he was schedualed for, only to find him in his pajamas, not at all ready! When I confronted him with the time and his lateness, he at first paniced and then when he realized that I was an hour early, (really not, remember 'daylight savings time'?) His reply as he STOPPED getting ready was, "Well the rest of the world can go on that 'dambed Roosevelt time' if they want to, but not me!" I'm now about the age he was at the time and honestly,my sentiments just about resemble his, STILL!

Jana said...

I love this time change, my kids sleep in and life is much GREATER!!! :)

Amber said...

oh, I love your dad! that is a great story! I have had to use an alarm these last few days, which is not normal for me...my internal clock wakes me about 7:15, oops, yesterday I didn't wake up till 7:55, good thing the girls had their alarm set and were already up and dressed!

Tiffany said...

It must be something in our blood, Sis. I have been totally exhausted and off schedule this time for some reason. Maybe because it's earlier than usual. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......oh sorry, I think I dozed off there for a minute.

Gillett's said...

Your dad has so many stories, I LOVE it. I hope he'll write them all down sometime so some of us will be able to hear these stories! How is he doing anyway? I DO love it in the Fall when we get an extra hour. But I must say I love the late daylight hours starting now.

Tara said...

Think you could do it to me?HE HE!
I really want to look like that Vanilla dude (or if its not dude then dudet).
love you!