Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ice Ice Baby

Remember him? Vanilla Ice from 1989. With the design shaved eyebrows. Well, he's BAAACK!! In the form of a 2 1/2 year old tornado!

Here's the story:

This morning I was in the kitchen doing dishes and Tyler and Morgan were running around playing their version of hide-n-seek. (which usually means Ty will just hide wherever Morgan was last) They were running up and down the stairs while the other counted and so on... Well, at one point Morgan came downstairs and Tyler didn't. (mom brain already on radar...not a good sign) I waited a minute thinking he was doing the counting and would be right down. After about 2 minutes and realizing Morgan had gone down to the playroom to play, I called up to Tyler. His response was that he was upstairs in the bathroom. (once again...NOT a good sign) I told him to come downstairs. He said "NO!". (yes, my 2 yr old has been sassing me, why do you think I'm reading all the parenting books I can get my hands on?) I tell him to come now or I'm going to get mad. His response? "Get mad!" Yeah, he's gonna get it now...
ANYWAY... I start up the stairs and he comes running from my bedroom and I notice he's got something on his forehead. I cringe thinking he's gotten into my makeup or something and tell him to show me what he's been into. I walk into the bathroom and see that he has climbed onto the counter, across both sinks to the medicine cabinet and had Jason's RAZORS out!! Not the electric non-harmful one...the Mac 3 (or whatever brand it is) ONE! So I take a closer look at Tyler and notice that what I was seeing wasn't makeup, it was cuts from the razor! AND...he had shaved off half of his eyebrow!!! I was laughing SO hard!!! It really could have been A LOT worse. He could have really been hurt by those, but thankfully it was only minor scratches and the loss of 1/2 an eyebrow.

The results...
The new and improved Vanilla Ice. Think they'll bring back this style?

10 comments:

Mom and Camera said...

That is hysterical!!! Poor kid. I guess they will grow back. I think that I would have laughed, too, and then been grateful that there was no worse damage done.

Maureen said...

I think this is the new "baby gangsta" look. He's reviving and oldy but goody! What a kid!

Jana said...

That is funny, but look at that sad little, (INNOCENT) face!! Oh you have great stories with him I love it!! :)

Tiffany said...

You just didn't even know you were alive until you had Tyler...talk about your razor burn!! Ouch!

Tiffany said...

P.S. I love your "Tylerisms". They never fail to amuse me...heehee.

Amber said...

Oh, the things they do! Glad it wasn't worse!Razors at your house, scissors at mine!

Natalie said...

You are a good mom. I'm not sure I would have laughed until much...much later. What a sweet little boy. What makes a child think to do that?!! :)

Siri said...

You'll be laughing about that one for years to come! Good times.

Rach said...

That kid is a crack up!! Teach hime to sing Ice Ice Baby and he could make a video!

Gillett's said...

That is sooooo FuNNy, I'm sorry- It's one you hope to soon look back on. Any family pics in the future??? I've LEARNED to NOT tell my kids, cuz' that's when they will FOR SURE do something like this!!! Love, me