Monday, September 13, 2010

First Day of School

Yeah, I know that school started a month ago, but better late than never. Right?
Here are the girls with Tyler. He started preschool a couple of weeks later but wanted to be in the pictures, too.
Morgan started 1st grade this year. For some reason that's always harder for me than kindergarten because they are gone ALL day. I miss them so much! Don't ya love how she posed herself here? I love this girl!

Nicole is in 5th grade and sadly her last year in elementary school. (*sniff sniff*) Not sure how I'm going to handle her going to middle school next year, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. She has always been so mature for her age but I think I will always see her as my little girl. She might not like that, though. ha ha!


Here is a photo of Tyler's actual first day of pre-K. Jason and I took him out to lunch before school and he chose -gulp- McDonald's. Why do kids like that place? Maybe they think it's good because parents don't like it? Hmmm? Anyway, as you can see on his forehead, he got a massive bonk that morning riding his bike. Like the great mother I am, when he asked me for his helmet and I couldn't immediately find it, I sent him on his way without it thinking, "Oh he'll be fine!" Nope. Crashed hard! Luckily he's a pretty tough kid and won't hold it against me the rest of his life... that is until his therapy bills start adding up for the rest of mom's mistakes! ha ha!!
Well, I'm slowly catching up! I think I've lost most of my blogging friends, but hey - this is more for me anyway. Right? Right?.... Anyone out there? ha ha!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Your kids are so cute. It ia hard to send them for the whole day and it doesn't get easier with each kid either. 6th grade is scary but my J loves it and it doing just fine. (why did I worry?) So Nicole will be fine.

Rach said...

I'm still following your blog!! We will be in the same boat next year sending kids off to middle school. Where does the time go? And, guees what? We NEVER wore helmets when we were kids and I turned out just fine, right? RIGHT? Ha Ha! Seriously, you are a fantastic Mom and your kids are lucky to have you.

Brooke said...

I'm still here! And I'll never hold it against you when you need to take a break from blogging. I totally understand!

And, for what it's worth, I still haven't posted my back-to-school pictures yet either. Oh well. Someday . . .