Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Beautiful Mom

My cute Mom had her second round of chemo yesterday and had to shave her head today. Her hair has been falling out in clumps and it's been driving her crazy. She said it just felt good to have it gone! She went out and got a couple of cute hats and has been looking at wigs. She joked about going as "Uncle Fester" for Halloween! Isn't she funny? She has been so amazing through this whole thing and I am so grateful to have her example!

Here she is with my gorgeous sister, Tiffany.
She picked this hat out just for the grand kids. Nicole and her cousin Brinley LOVE monkeys! Once again showing how she is ALWAYS thinking of everyone else!I LOVE this one of my parents!

Here she is holding some beautiful flowers that some friends sent today.

Sometimes it's hard when I stop and think, "Wow! My MOM has cancer!" But then I look at the way she is handling things and how positive she & my Dad have been and I can't believe how blessed I am! I am so grateful to have such amazing parents who truly TEACH through their EXAMPLE!!
I LOVE YOU MOM & DAD!!


11 comments:

Amber said...

What a sweet post Tara! Love the pictures too! Go Mom! (and dad, how could I forget your dad?)

Brooke said...

You do have a beautiful family, Tara. Truly inspirational.

Maureen said...

Well Tara, this posting made me cry. Your Mom is so beautiful, and such an awe-inspiring woman. I feel lucky to know her and your dad. I love the pix too!

Siri said...

She truly is more beautiful than ever! ... inside AND out. I might go get me some scarves too ... I think she looks so cool!

Mel said...

What a sweet post. I bet it is hard to be away from her at this time. But what a great example to have close to your heart. Keep smiling, Tara--your mom is!

Gillett's said...

Between yours & Tiff's blog I am bawling my eyes out! Your mom is such a beautiful woman & so strong! Tell her what a BEAUTIFUL example she is being! I LOVE her- Thank you for blogging! xoxo

Tiffany said...

I love this quote right now: "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.".....I know the Lord is giving us strength and I pray that He is carrying her. I truly have never seen her look more beautiful than last night. Words can't express the almost "spiritual" feeling that came over me when I saw her. Her beauty was just not of this earth. She was truly humbled, but not ashamed and she just radiated the true beauty she is and has. WOW....

Mandy Coleman said...

Very nice post & great pictures... Miss ya!

Rach said...

Wow, Tara, beautiful post. Your Mom truly does look beautiful, and what an inspiration to all of us.

Teeples Family said...

Thanks for posting this! Your mom is a great lady and a positive inspiration to all of us who THINK that we have bad days. If she can smile through chemo, then I will smile through whatever comes my way!

Tiffany said...

Hi Nicole!! I think that G-ma B bought that monkey hat just for you and me because that is both of our favorite animal!! :) G-ma told
me that it is really convertble and
she even sleeps in it!! :) Tell everybody Hi and I love them and I love you to Nicole! :) Call me soon or I will call you! Hope I see you soon!! :):):):):):):):):):)
Love Brinley
P.S. Go U of U and Broncos!!!!