We had a fun-filled weekend with family and "family-to-be"! Jason's brother from CA recently got engaged and brought his cute fiance out to meet the family. I know, brave huh?! She instantly fit right in (not sure that's a compliment - ha ha) and is ALREADY part of the family! So I took
a lot of photos this weekend and here are just a "few" that I'll post...
Hang on...it's gonna be a looooong ride!
On Saturday night the "adults" (I'll use that term lightly here - ha ha) all went out to dinner in Manitou Springs at an old stage coach stop. It's one of our favorite restaurants.
We goofed off a little as you can see! 
Ate lots of yummy food!
Jason's parents:
Sarah (Jason's sister) and her hilarious hubby, Garrett. It's always fun with these two around!
Keith & Jodi...the soon-to-be newlyweds. (Isn't she cute? Nice job, Keith!)
Then on Sunday we all got together to celebrate some more.
Keith and Nicole:
Morgan & Isabelle

Jason's cousin (on his mom's side) Jason Michael and his girl friend Jocelyne & their kids.

Grandma & Charlotte: Yes, she LOVES chocolate! She and Morgan are definitely cousins!

Jason and....who is that? Oh yeah, Me!
(I hate seeing pictures of myself!)
Are you still with me? We're ALMOST done...
Then on Monday we went up to the summit of Pikes Peak. We've lived here 6 years and have never gone all the way up to the summit. It was beautiful!!! It was a little hard to catch your breath up there. It was cold, too!
Tyler loved every minute of it!

Keith, Jodi, Garrett, Charlotte & Grandma, Sarah.

Jason & Tyler

It's 14, 110 ft above sea level. It's such a beautiful drive to the top!
Google it...it's awesome!

Poor Garrett had a head cold and the altitude made him so sick that they didn't stay at the summit very long. We met up with them back down a little later. But not before we all tried the "world famous donuts"!! It's some recipe that only works at that altitude.

Then we had to snap some photos halfway down at one of the reservoirs. We got some fun souvenirs, too! Notice my new hat.


Whew!! I'm exhausted just writing about it!!
But...all in all it was a crazy, fun weekend!
Hope yours was, too!
5 comments:
Hey, we went to the summit on Monday too. To bad we didn't see you up there! Sounds like you had a packed weekend. How fun!
Oh, looks like you had so much fun! I love seeing pics of you...you are beautiful!
I need your e-mail...
riamba@msn.com
I looooove when you post pictures! They're great -- and it sounds like you had the best weekend. Sure do love your family!
Love the pix! We'll have to do that next time we come to town. I can't wait to try the donuts!
Post a Comment