Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Perfect Weekend~

~This is my beautiful mom~ I'm missing you already!

She felt well enough on Saturday that we went to Red Robin!
I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband who held down the home front so that I could go to Utah this past weekend to spend time with my parents. It was so nice to be with them and just hang out! It reminded me of the time I lived with them after my mission when they lived in Louisiana. It was just the 3 of us then, too! Only this time I had a cute family that I was missing at home. When I came home, Jason had cleaned the entire house (bathrooms and all!) and had made me this:

I've been wanting some place to hang backpacks and coats and put all of their winter gear without it all coming inside. He made this for me in the garage by the door coming into the house. Now I won't have to trip over all the junk and they each have their own bins for gloves and stuff! Isn't it great?!! I am one lucky girl!

I also got to go with my beautiful sister to the temple to do inititories. I haven't done them since I was single! Can you believe it? It was a wonderful experience and I'm so blessed to have such a great sister! She is not only my sister but my best friend, too! She has always been my hero and I look up to her in so many ways! I love you, Sis! Thanks for the fabulous lunch at Little America, too! My favorite place!!

9 comments:

Jana said...

I am so glad you got to come here and spend time with your mom and dad and sister.........love ya, call me anytime!!! :)

Tiffany said...

I am SOOOOOOOO freakin jealous of your your garage storage!! He is so amazing. I wish you lived closer and I'd pay him to build one for us! I wish you could have stayed longer. It was so much fun spending time with you. btw....thanks for helping me to NOT hit the wall!!!!!!!! hahahaha

Papa Merrill said...

Thank you so much for coming and spending time with your 'Angel' Mother!! It ment more to her than I can ever convey to you in words!! You are such a 'Precious' Daughter and 'Wonderful' person! You have made us so proud, (Even though it is a 'Sin', Pres. Benson), with your cute little family. Please kiss my, "Best Friend" hello until we see him again!

Dirk and Trish said...

How fun! Love the storage thing! I want to do something like that, too. Everybody hanging out with their parents makes me want to go home to visit.

Amber said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice visit, and yay Jason for all the great suprises! I LOVE those kind of suprises! Your dad is too cute, I could hear his voice as I read his comment! I hope your mom just keeps feeling better and better!

Laurel C. said...

WOW! Jason is amazing! But I think we all knew that. He is so thoughtful and helpful. Truly above and beyond! (I would have come home to peanut butter stuck to the ceiling and kids in diapers running around.)

You look so much like your mother... you both have the same smile. What fun to be able to spend some time with her. I'm so glad you had a fun weekend!

Maureen said...

Your Mom is so pretty! I'm glad she's fighting and full of the love and support of her family and friends. I know she's going to be fine. And, like Tiffany, I love that backpack hanger in the garage. Way cool!

Rach said...

That does sound like a perfect weekend!! And how nice to come back to a nice new storage system built by your hubby. You are one lucky woman!

Mel said...

I can relate on the "Just the 3 of us" part. That was me before I got married. I loved the time I had to spend with them-just me and no other siblings to compete with. Those are my most cherished memories. I feel you have a close relationship with your parents just as I do. I love it. I have a picture similar to the one of you at Red Robin. Same pose and everything.