Thursday, September 3, 2009

Oh to be 5 again...

Ever have on of those moments when you know you shouldn't laugh, but it's almost too hard NOT to? I had one of those this afternoon when I picked Morgan up from Kindergarten. This is how our conversation went as she was getting her seat belt on:

Me: "So how was your day?"

Morgan: *sigh* "It was the worst day EVER."

Me: "Really? How come?" (concerned, 'cause she's never said this before)

Morgan: "Cause everyone laughed at me when I was coughing and stinkering."

Me: (trying with all my might NOT to giggle) "Ah, I'm sorry honey. What did your teacher say?"

Morgan: "She said, 'People, people...sometimes our bodies make noises.'"

Me: (once again, holding back...about to bust up) "Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. Maybe we should have kept you home again today with your cough, huh?"

Morgan: "Yeah, I'm coughing a lot."

Really, that's the thing that bugs her the most. NOT the fact that she let stinkers in class. She's 5 and that part doesn't even phase her. It's the fact that she's coughing so much that's annoying to her! Oh to be 5 again!! That is one of the things I love about her. Morgan is just so laid back and easy going that she doesn't really even care (or realize) that others have opinions or make judgements about people. She just sees everyone the same and thinks others do too. She's such a loving little girl and I'm so happy and blessed to be her mom!! I hope she NEVER out grows this!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, we just love our Morgie...stinkers and all!!

Jamie said...

Poor girl - growing up is hard to do :) That was too precious.

Amber said...

So funny! I love their innocense, and oblivion!

Papa Merrill said...

I'm so sorry to inform you that she will lose this inocents of, "not carring what people think"! It's called, The Fall!! arrives around 8 years old and it's what we all shouted for 'Joy' for the opportunity to experience. Althouh I can't for the life of me, or rather for the 'Death' (Spiritual) of me remember why?? Except maybe I also knew about being 'Born Again'!! Longer lecture than you wanted I know but I remember watching you kids about this age and worrying about the same decent into 'Spirit Prison' that I knew each of you had to make. Imagine the 'Sorrow' of 'Heavenly Parents' as they watch us!! ??

Tara said...

so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


~nicole

Maureen said...

What a precious story! I have to agree with Tiffany, just love that little girl!

Tiffany said...

You entitled this "Oh to be five again".....I have news for you, sister, you don't have to be five to cough and fart at the same time!! Isn't that great?!?!? haha