Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Can I just say that I am SOOOO tired of sicknesses in this house?!!! It seems like someone has been sick almost non-stop for more than a month! Tyler has been throwing up for 2 days AGAIN and I'm about ready to lose my mind this morning. He woke up covered in it yesterday and then soaked my living room carpet today already. If anyone has a carpet cleaner they'd be willing to loan out, I could really use it! We had banana jugo (smoothies) this morning for breakfast and that is NOT pleasant when it comes back for a visit later!

Anyway...I'm just letting off steam right now. I have a million other things I should be doing at the moment. Tyler has been wanting to snuggle most of the morning which is great 'cause it doesn't happen very often, but I have so much to catch up on from my sickness last week still. I need to just stop and enjoy these times. I know they'll all grow up so fast and I might actually miss cleaning up barf...ok, maybe not that part, but the rest of it. I guess it's not so bad to be "stuck" at home for a few days. I've missed the quiet comfort of having nowhere we have to be.

Ok, I feel better now. Sorry this is such a boring post, but I needed to refocus....

7 comments:

Maureen said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this. But as they say, this too will pass. There was part of me that always liked when my guys were little and got sick, because the only place they wanted to be was cuddled with Mommy. *sigh* And yeah .... I look on those as the 'good old days'!

Laurel C. said...

Blek, barf is the WORST! I can handle other kinds of wet clean ups, but not that one. Poor Tara! But take the cuddling as repayment!

"This too shall pass?" Ha Ha... couldn't help but thinking, "Yes, that is exactly the problem... it's passing all over Tara's living room rug!" :)

Tiffany said...

It does get easier...Trevor is home throwing up today too, but he actually can make it to the toilet. The sad part is that doesn't want me to cuddle him anymore. I guess we take the good with the bad, right? Love ya! You're in my prayers!

Mom and Camera said...

I think we have all been there at some point. Ours was last December. I thought December was never going to end. And to top that off, I was just starting the morning sickness with pregnancy that is supposed to come in the first 3 months that came to me for months 3-6. I couldn't handle it well because of some serious gag reflex. Hopefully, this will mean that you have had your turn for a while and will have a healthy holiday this year. BTW, I did a little asking about point and shoot cameras. I would go with a Canon if possible. My good friend who also owns some nice DSLR cameras, said that her Canon point and shoot isn't quite as fast as her DSLR but still very good. This is the one that I think looks good: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B001G5ZTZO/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance
It is more than $300 but has a fantastic lens range and other nice features for a point and shoot. Mind you, I haven't tried these out--just asked around.

Tara said...

Thanks Gayle!! I'll pass the info on to Jason! He's the one who has been trying to find me what I'm wanting!

Rach said...

I am sick of being sick too. it seems like we have had several rounds of illness this year. I sympathize with you!

Jana said...

it's ok to vent, i think that is part of the point of blogging then others can sympathise with you! Good luck, I hope things are better now!!! love ya