Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back in the saddle again...

I know it's been a week since I last posted, but I have to tell ya, it was quite a week!
(that phrase seems familiar)
Jason and I got to spend a MUCH needed night away, thanks to his mom who took the kids overnight on Friday. We stayed at the Hyatt hotel near Park Meadows mall and went to dinner in Denver with some friends from the Springs who were on a little get-away themselves. We met at Hacienda for some great Mexican food and then Jason and I did a little shopping. We had to stop at Walmart because we left our bag of all our toiletries sitting on the couch at home! After grabbing contact solution and tooth brushes, we did a little early scouting for Christmas ideas. I wasn't feeling well so we just went back to the hotel and watched a DVD on their sweet 42inch HDTV! It was so relaxing and we got to sleep in!!! We went to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe (yum!) and walked around Park Meadows mall and the outlets in Castle Rock. I bought some new jeans (one size smaller than usual, thank you very much) and picked up little gifts to bring to the kids. I'd have taken some photos if the camera hadn't been sitting on the couch at home with my contacts and makeup. :) So just picture it all in your creative little minds!
Well, I think that I started coming down with something that weekend because I was SO sick the rest of the weekend and up until last night. I had to take Tyler to get his x-rays on Monday. He's going to get his cast off on the 30th! It's healing well and he will just have to wear a sling for about 3 weeks after that. They want him using it as much as he will, though. I guess kids just bounce back fast! I don't think he's slowed down for a second since he broke it!
SO anyway...I'm back. With LOTS to catch up on...but I'll be posting later this weekend because we have a lot going on. Tomorrow is the Fall Festival at church. Saturday it the Primary program practice and we have a Halloween party up the street to go to. I'll take lots of photos, if I can only remember the camera...

5 comments:

Rach said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I can't believe Tyler is getting his cast off already. Are they pulling the pins out on the 30th too?

The Easton Family said...

I love those "close to home getaways!" Evan took me downtown to the Hotel Monaco for my birthday one year and it is one of my favorite memories! Hope you're feeling better...enjoy the fall festival! Ours is tomorrow too! :)

Siri said...

Good for you Tara! Smaller getaways can be so good for the soul, right?! Large getaways (like Disneyland) are exhausting. But I love to feel recharged (and romanced) after the smaller ones! =)

Mom and Camera said...

How very nice. It doesn't take a huge vacation, but some time away is nice. Glad you got that after all the craziness.

Maureen said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and enjoyed your getaway! Every couple needs that once in awhile, especially when the kids are little and need you so much!