Friday, June 13, 2008

Hey Batta-batta ~ SWING!

Nicole had her first softball games this week. She did a great job and even got some awesome hits last night that led to a few scores for her team! She's on an all girl team this year with girls from 3rd grade to 5th grade so she's one of the very youngest (especially with her b-day in July). I'm amazed at how well she keeps up with them, though! We're still trying to decide whether to keep her left hand mitt or get her a right. She is left handed but throws with her right and kicked with her right when she played soccer. She played t-ball last year and used a left mitt. When she bats, though, it's either way. I guess that part is good. Her coach this year said that when they're practicing ground balls without mitts, she's throwing with both hands! So I guess we'll just stick with the left mitt for now until she decides.

Here's our little Rudy FIREBIRD~ (that's the name of the team BTW)


Is she cute or what?

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cutest girl on the field! Way to go Coley! Wish we could come watch you play...

Rach said...

I love baseball/softball season. That's cool she can use both hands like that. What's that called? Ambidextrous or something? Anyway, go Firebirds!!

Maureen said...

Nicole looks adorable in her uniform! You go girl!

Laurel C. said...

I'm glad to see that the Shirley Temple curls safely washed out! :)