Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring is here!


I am loving the nice weather we're having here in Colorado. It's so beautiful today that Morgan and Tyler and their friend Kylie all wanted to eat lunch outside. I could hardly get them to come even when a huge bee (wasp...whatever it was, it had a stinger!) was threatening their space! They just laughed while I tried to shoo the thing along to the neighbors yard. I wasn't laughing, just waiting to get attacked! But, it moved on to the next group of unsuspecting kidlets and they continued to enjoy their picnic in the sunshine.


I can hardly wait for summer! I think I liked the snow better as a kid when I didn't have to bundle up kids, shovel, drive or pay a heating bill. I love the fresh air today with all the windows open and the cool breeze. I love the smell of SPRING! I even look forward to Colorado summers when it's hot all morning and early afternoon. Then at around 4:00pm every day, the clouds roll in and we get a couple of hours of good thunderstorms and rain. Just enough to cool things down...and off it goes. Out to the east to whip up into even bigger storms for our neighbors in the plains. I like to look out our bedroom window and watch the clouds grow darker as they head east and to see the lightening! That's one of the many things I like about living here in Colorado Springs.
Anyway...Enjoy your beautiful spring day!

No comments: