Monday, April 28, 2008

Here's what's NEW...



Look what we got!


We have been looking and dreaming, hoping to find a nice used piano and we finally got one today! Jason found it on CraigsList and this guy is a professional tuner and teacher. He will also buy and clean up used ones and turn around and sell them. It couldn't be in better shape! If anyone is interested, you can find him at pianodude.net and his name is Mike. He even delivered it for free!!!! Can't beat that! I am so excited to start Nicole on lessons...and hopefully myself as well!

Notice Morgan's big yawn...she really was excited! She couldn't wait for Nicole to get home from school so that she could show her the new "pano". They all love to tinker around on it. I just wish one of us new how to really play it. Mike (the piano dude) played something on it when he delivered it and that's probably the last time it's going to be played like that for a long time, I'm afraid. Unless anyone wants to come over and perform for my family? :) It's all tuned up and ready to go!

My dream would to someday be able to play Here Comes Santa Claus on it at a Christmas party while the kids anxiously await the arrival of Santa through the front door. That brings back memories of when I was little and my grandma (who didn't read music and played beautifully by ear) would play while we'd sing Christmas carols at parties. I also remember my the one song my dad always played when he sat down at a piano. What's the name of that song? .... I think it's called Five Foot Two...Eyes of Blue or something like that.

SOMEDAY...

2 comments:

Rach said...

Yeah!!! You got it. It's beautiful. Did you have to rearrange all of your furniture? I'm coming over for Christmas to hear all the beautiful music you will be playing!!

Tara said...

Nope, the guy said that with new houses it doesn't make a difference if it's on an outside wall or not. Yeah!