So, here's the story...I finally get a second to sit down and fold laundry that has been sitting in the basket for two days now (and if you know me you know I MUST fold the laundry straight from the dryer...call it OCD or just plain hatred of ironing) and I have strategically gotten Tyler and Morgan to play in a room other than the one I'm in...I'm rushing 'cause I know it won't last and just when I am just about finished, I hear them clomping up the stairs from the playroom. Panic sets in 'cause I know my son (lovingly known as Lucifer lately) will find absolute enjoyment in climbing, throwing, jumping, or just sitting on top of my freshly folded piles. I, however, was able to distract them both with the now empty laundry basket while I match the last two pair of socks. As I begin to gather the neat little piles, Tyler decides to "help" by gathering the piles of socks I have organized by size/child on the floor. (ok...maybe a little OCD) I think, "Hey, he's actually helping! This might keep him entertained for a few minutes!" and I decided to quickly grab another basket from upstairs. As I am coming down the stairs, I see tiny little socks flying high in the air as Morgan and Tyler toss them handfuls at a time, laughing as they fall on their heads. Notice several of the socks all over the floor and Morgan wearing some of the laundry over her outfit. If only the camera could show the entire room filled with socks.
I guess I should just be happy to have the "help".

2 comments:
My kids LOVE to throw freshly folded laundry all over the floor. I, frankly, don't understand the appeal of throwing clothes all over the room, but Brandon tries to do it every time I fold laundry. I'm glad (though sorry for you) that my kid is not the only one who does this.
Dad just told me about your blog this morning and I rushed home to look at it! It's darling! You did a great job and I love how you write. Love the pictures...
Love,
Tiff
Post a Comment