Monday, August 24, 2009

What a crazy weekend!
We were able to go camping with Jason's family (more to come on that later...) and it really helped me to keep my mind occupied. It's so hard living 600 miles away when your family is going through so much. I wish so badly that I could be with my parents this week. My sweet husband has made that possible and I am going to fly out to Utah on Friday to spend some time with my mom before she begins her chemo treatments. We're still waiting for the results of the biopsy they took. Apparently there are several different types of Lymphoma. They just need to determine what type she has so they know how to treat it. They have put in a "port" (near her collar bone) where they'll hook up the meds for the chemo. Now we're just waiting for her incision (from the biopsy) to heal, too. Her levels for the blood clots are better and she'll continue with the medication. She was able to come home from the hospital today! Yea! I'm just so glad that I will be able to be with her for a few days this weekend!
Thank you all for your prayers!

5 comments:

Dirk and Trish said...

It is so hard to be far away, whether it's good stuff or not so good. I can watch kids if you need to, just have your hubby (or you) call and set up a time. Enjoy your time w/ the family!

Laurel C. said...

Count me in for childcare too! You know I am happy to take your kids or pick up Tyler from preschool whenver you need.

I am so glad you get some time with your mom this weekend!

Rach said...

I am SO glad that you get to spend some time with your family this weekend. Can we help Jason in any way? We can bring dinner, watch kids, or drive kids anywhere. I'll call you today.

Amber said...

Glad you'll get to be with your family. I can't even imagine how hard it is to be so far away! Keep us posted on how things are going.

Gillett's said...

I love your sweet comments. Thank heavens for husbands! I'm so happy that you get to come out to spend the time with your sweet Mom. Take care of her & give her all the extra love & hugs- Think of all those times she took extra care of you...and now you get to give back a little. =0) Love you guys-