Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Watch out Martha!

A couple of weeks ago we had an Enrichment Activity for Relief Society where an amazing sister taught us about making cinnamon rolls and bread. She's been making bread for decades and is quite the pro. (for the record: my idea of "making bread" is opening a bag of Rhodes and trying not to screw that up!) As I sat there listening to the discussion - yes, others were making comments and knew the "lingo" of bread making (i.e. proof, sponge, etc.) - I was feeling more and more inadequate by the minute. Then my friend Rachael leans over and reveals she's as lost as I am. (I need to point out that she's much further along than I am for the fact that she owns a Kitchen Aid mixer... I have my own two hands.) So our friend Kristeen offers to have a "Bread 101" day for us at her house. I thought she was just being nice so that we wouldn't feel so dumb. Well, she came through on her offer this morning and I can now add Bread Maker (ok..helper) to my list of talents! Here are a few photos of proof...


Rachael and I "helping"!

Kristeen and Rachael

Emma, Morgan, and Abby

I realized that I didn't get any photos of Rachael's boys or Tyler. Her boys played quietly in the playroom the entire time! Tyler climbed anything and everything he could in the kitchen trying to "help" and the girls all played in the next room building a fort with Care Bear blankets! They helped when they could! I think Abby has done this a time or two 'cause she even had her OWN rolling pin! What a fun day! Thanks Kristeen!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You go Martha! I am so impressed! I even screw up the Rhodes thing. (No really I do!) I wish we lived closer so that I could have had some of that warm homemade bread...makes my mouth water just thinkin about it. Luv ya!

Rach said...

That was so fun, and thanks for the recipes you sent. I went home and ordered my own wheat grinder so now I will have no excuse for not making whole wheat bread all the time!!!