Thursday, May 29, 2008

Meet the Pres...

Ok, so maybe we didn't meet the President of the United States, but we DID get to see him and Air Force One! It was pretty exciting! Nicole thought it was so cool to see his limo and motorcade.


We also got to see him wave before he boarded the plane.



President Bush spoke at the Air Force Academy graduation yesterday and was in Colorado Springs. His plane was at Peterson AFB just outside where Jason works. The kids and I were on base that morning because I needed to get a new ID card and we were hoping to see Air Force One and decided to wait around a bit to see Pres. Bush come back. We also got to see the Thunder birds take off and land. They did a fly over at the graduation. It was so neat to see these things so close up! What an experience!


By the way, I forgot my camera and we were lucky to meet a really nice couple who emailed us these photos! I am so glad to be able to have these! Thanks Matt and Katie!

5 comments:

Laurel C. said...

No WAY! That is the coolest thing! Great picture of W waving in front of his plane! One of the perks of living in Colorado Springs is the cool stuff that happens around graduation time at the Academy. I love the fly overs too! :) Can't wait to move back there.

Gillett's said...

How great was that!!! I love your blog- so cute. Hope you & your cute fam have a GREAT summer. =0)

Brooke said...

Sometimes we really miss the military, especially for cool stuff like this. I think it's great that you make sure your kids have these neat experiences.

Tiffany said...

You so should have mooned him! (Totally kidding!) Say "hi" to George W. for me next time he's in town!

Maureen said...

Now that you and Jason are rubbing elbows with the big boys, don't forget us little folks! What a agreat experience. Terrific pictures too!