I think that one of the greatest things about being a stay-at-home mom is that I get to go with my kids on their field trips. Yesterday Morgan's class went to the Bear Creek Nature Center and then to the park for a picnic. It was so fun!
Here she is with some of her classmates. She's kind of hidden, but this was the best I could get. Kindergartners love to have their pictures taken, I found out!
One of the guides took us on a little hike and showed us lots of interesting things that are native to Colorado. I certainly learned a lot!
Inside the center they have this really cool beehive that you can watch the bees going in and out. It was very interesting. I think that most of the kids liked this part the best.

They had a puppet show and talked about all of our senses. Then they talked about animals who use these senses and on the hike we got to watch for some of them. They had a whole bunch of animals that were stuffed and we got to touch them and learn more about them.
They had a puppet show and talked about all of our senses. Then they talked about animals who use these senses and on the hike we got to watch for some of them. They had a whole bunch of animals that were stuffed and we got to touch them and learn more about them.

8 comments:
My kids love riding the bus too!! What's up with that? That sounds like a really cool place. I'm glad you got to go with her, field trips are fun even for grown-ups!
You're right, one of the benefits of being home is being able to really BE there for your kids like this. Looks like a fun experience .... for both of you! Glad you had a good time!
Great pictures too!
haha the school bus! Love it...doesn;t take much to get them excited does it? I'll bet she loved having you there with her!
What a fun field trip! And it's sooo sweet when little girls hold hands.
BTW ... you can kiss Darren's cheeks anytime!! ;)
Would this be a fun place to take us when we visit ya'll this summer?
OK, just saw your comment...but computers and me...we speak a different langusage...SOOOO, could you tell me how I go about doing that? Slowly? Step by step? :)
Glad you were able to go! I Hope she is felling better soon!
Post a Comment