Just thinking about my sweet Mom today. She's been through so much and is still SO strong. Even if SHE doesn't remember it...she
IS strong! She's been in the hospital for about a week now and they are helping her get stronger. She wasn't able to keep anything down so they are feeding her through a tube now. She's getting the pain medication she's desperately needed and we're hoping she's on the road to recovery. She got the best news last week...REMISSION!!! So now that she's knocked the C-word outta the picture, let's get the rest taken care of! She will still need two more chemo treatments as soon as they get her feeling better. The surgery they had to do on her biopsy wound last week has really taken it's toll on her. She now has a 9 inch incision in her stomach and they had to remove all of the mesh that was holding her 5 hernias in place (from almost 10 yrs ago). They said that they were infected and that what was causing her reoccurring infections. Her back is still broken and she's in constant pain, poor thing. I think anyone else wouldn't come NEAR handling it like she has. She has been knocked down HARD, but she WILL keep fighting! Even if at times she doesn't want to anymore.

We love you, MOM! You are a shining example to us ALL of true endurance.
You are STRONG!!
5 comments:
Wow. And I was just sitting her pouting about the bad day I had today (seriously!). If you get a chance, please thank your mom from me for the reminder to count my blessings. Heck, why couldn't I remember that AT LEAST MY BACK ISN'T BROKEN?
I hope - Pray - she recovers soon.
My goodness - cancer, a broken back, 5 hernia's - your Mom is a saint! What a wonderful reminder to keep smiling even through the hard days. Posts like this really put my "bad days" in perspective. We'll keep your Mom in our prayers.
It just brings tears to my eyes reading everything your mother has endured. She is such a sweet soul and wonderful person. I agree, the best news EVER is that she is in remission. I will keep praying until I read your post that she is feeling better and back to her normal activities!
What a trooper she is. She is an inspiration to us all. I hope she feels better soon. And you stay strong too-I know it is hard to be away from her at this time.
Thanks! I needed a good cry- Please tell her how MUCH I LOVE her & what an INSPIRING EXAMPLE she has been to me and so MANY others!!! ALL my LOVE-
Post a Comment