Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ok, so I still haven't gotten to my Christmas post. I think I might just have to let that one go. You might be seeing a Christmas post sometime in April--and won't that be a treat?!

SO moving on...

Here's what we've been up to:

*A week of coughs, colds, and fevers for us ALL. Not the best start to Jason being gone...but OH how I'm thankful to have such wonderful friends who brought in delicious meals and medication when we needed!!!

*Playing "catch up" with everything last week after being sick. Funny how far behind you can get on everything when all you do is lay on the couch all day.

*Had a bit of car issues on Friday. Again, SO grateful for friends who were there when I needed! We'd had the brakes done the day before Jason left and apparently they didn't put it all back together correctly. Ended up needing new pads, calibers (sp?), etc... but they paid for it ALL because it was their mistake. Thank heavens!

*Friday night we got to spend time with the adorable Teeples kids while their parents went out. They helped entertain my kids and they all get along so great!

* Saturday, Nicole had a basketball game. They finally won! She was thrilled! My wonderful in-laws watched the kids for a few hours while I spent some much needed time ALONE. I went shopping at the outlets and scored some great deals! It was just nice to be by myself for a little bit.

*Sunday: Not a day I'd like to do over. Poor little Morgan got clocked in the nose when someone at church threw open one of the doors. (not broken-thankfully!) Sweet little thing still went to class while I did Sharing Time. Again, thankful to wonderful friends who supported me and offered encouragement while I had a mini breakdown. =)

*Found out last night that my poor Mom has to have surgery on Friday. Her wound from when they did the biopsy (last August!) STILL hasn't healed and they need to go in to find out why it keeps getting infected. She's extremely nervous about it. She also has her PET scan tomorrow to see if the cancer has gone into remission or not. (don't even want to think about the "not") She will still have to have 2 more chemo treatments, but we're praying it's been helping. She has been pretty miserable (to say the least) trying to deal with all of this AND a broken back!! Please keep her in your prayers!!

This morning I was pretty frustrated because Tyler had "accidentally" missed the toilet AGAIN!! I posted this on facebook:

"ARGH! If I have to wipe up around the toilet ONE more time because a certain little boy gets "distracted", I think I might SCREEEAM!"

Then I felt really bad because while I was cleaning up (big SIGHS and all), Tyler asked me, "Are you mad Mommy?" And I said, "A little bit, but it doesn't mean I don't love you." And he said to me in the sweetest little voice, "You don't LOVE me?"
It broke my heart!! After lots of hugs and kisses (and a brief explanation) I was snapped back to reality and am SO GRATEFUL for a sweet little boy that I can clean up after!!

On that note...

I'm off to climb my mountain of laundry!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Whew....I'm exhausted just reading this!!! You have REALLY been tested and you have been AMAZING through it all!! I have always admired your strength in adversity....I wish that I could have inherited some of that! Have fun doing laundry...I'm doing the same thing today...UGH....

Amber said...

Mount Washmore at my house too! Yes, you have been through it! I hope each new day brings health, and happiness, and clean toilets, good friends, ...and Jason...1 day closer!

Rach said...

Wow, reading this made me tired too! I posted on Facebook that Tyler could come and play, seriously that offer is open whenever. I think he would entertain my son, which is good for me. I'll keep your Mom in our prayers. And, hopefully nothing else happens before Jason gets home.

Gillett's said...

well, well, well, like Tiffany said, "I'm exhausted just reading your blog."

You know one day, you will look back & know you 'DID IT' & you could do it again...NOT that you'd WANT to, but you did! Just think, "and this too shall pass" maybe in a few weeks, but it WILL pass! Here's to HOPING for BriGhTeR DaYs! Love you-

Maureen said...

I have to agree with the other commeners, this too will pass, and when you get on the other side you'll see it passed all too quickly ....