This is what their plates looked like. Jason had made these little treat crafts at work with his boss who brought them in for everyone to make for their kids.
The meal was hidden behind an old science fair board so that they couldn't see what they were getting. They had to choose each course from items named with cute Valentine's themes.
Nicole's first course brought her ice cream (cold shoulder), but she had to eat it with a chopstick (Cupid's arrow) and also had pasta sauce (melted hearts).

Tyler wasn't too thrilled when his first course was jam (love trouble) and a chopstick (Cupid's arrow) and a spoon (kissing & hugging). He didn't like that his sister had ice cream and he didn't. Morgan was a good sport & thought it was pretty fun. She got to eat her applesauce with a fork and laughed the whole time!

Needless to say, we had to rush the courses pretty quickly & it all went well. If you're wanting to try it, here's the link where I got the idea & menu from.
Tyler wasn't too thrilled when his first course was jam (love trouble) and a chopstick (Cupid's arrow) and a spoon (kissing & hugging). He didn't like that his sister had ice cream and he didn't. Morgan was a good sport & thought it was pretty fun. She got to eat her applesauce with a fork and laughed the whole time!
Needless to say, we had to rush the courses pretty quickly & it all went well. If you're wanting to try it, here's the link where I got the idea & menu from.
I think that we'll have to do it again next year!

7 comments:
So Cute! What a fun idea!
I totally forgot about "mystery dinners." We had them all the time when I was in Young Women's as a teenager. They were always one of my favorite activities. What fun!
Looks like a lot of fun!
I had those dinners many times for my birthday parties...they were my favorite and a big hit with my friends. How cute for Valentine's day!
You are the cutest Mom ever!!! And thanks for sharing the link. :)
LOVE it! Thanks for sharing...hope I remember it for NEXT year-
how fun! My kids would totally love this idea! gonna TRY and remember it for next year!
Post a Comment