Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oh the little things...

There was quite the excitement before school this morning. A hot air balloon hovered and then landed right on the playground! When Nicole was leaving for school with the carpool, we saw it and knew it was really close. Then when she got to school, she texted me that it was directly over the school! Poor Morgan missed it. I kept her home today because of a terrible cough & we were happy that Nicole took a picture of it on her cell phone & sent it to us. Tyler, Morgan & I jumped in the car and drove up to see if we could see it, but it was already down. =( Luckily we live in a perfect place that we see them almost every morning in the spring and summer as they fly over our house. We just aren't usually out early enough to catch them all the time. Jason gives us a report on them because he IS up and out at the crack of dawn!
It really is the little things that make us happy, huh?

4 comments:

Maureen said...

I remember when a hot air balloon landed in the field across the street from us (before they built the houses there) and it IS a big deal! There's something so exciting about those balloons. Wish I had the courage to ride in one!

Stephanie said...

Living near Lagoon amusement park, we'd get a fly-by by a low-flying hot air balloon every now and then. It was always a thrill. I keep wanting to take the kids to the hot air balloon thing (not sure what it's called) that happens every year, but it's so early in the morning and I'm not sure they'd appreciate it as much as I hope they would. I need one to land in the neighborhood to see if they are still just as thrilling as I remember as a kid without having to get up at the crack of dawn. :)

Tara said...

It was THE Coolest thing! There is a field by our school, and it landed right there! Thousands of kids crowded around it, and some even got to push the air out of it!
It came to our school because well, it was just going to fly over our school for Dr. Suess day and for CSAP (Colorado Student Assesment Program)but it say tons of kids waving, and he just landed there! It was so close to our school, and my friend and I were just going to wait in the front of the school but we went over there, and one of my other friends came up to me and said "Nicole! A hot air balloon just landed in our school park! LITARRLY (sp) in our school park!" So, we decided to check it out. It was so cool! And wow! This is the longest post ever! Well anyways, it was an amazing expierience!
~Nicole

Amber said...

How fun for the kids...they're going to remember that for a long time...and I love Nicole's excitement! So cute!