Thursday, February 10, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

Growing up, Super Bowl Sunday was all about the party, food, and being together as a family. I wanted to carry that tradition along with me. This year was fun, even though we didn't really care who won (as long as it wasn't the Steelers). =) We had lots of yummy "football food". We all got to choose something we wanted. Jason chose a dip that has sausage/cream cheese/Rotel. I wanted 7-layer dip. Nicole chose Bagel Bites. Morgan asked for Ants-on-a-log (celery with peanut butter & raisins) and Tyler wanted chicken nuggets. So it was kind of a modge-podge of appetizers. The best part was just being together!

Jason and Tyler had to wear their Broncos jerseys! Even if they didn't do so well this season. Here's to next year!
Somehow Tyler always seems to need to make a silly face. Guess that's what goes along with being 4: Nicole, Morgan & Mom:
Nicole wanted to take the picture herself. The result- an extreme close up:

Dad & Nicole:


What fun traditions do you have?

7 comments:

Mel said...

Sounds like a fun one to me...all kinds of food and everyone is happy...love it!! We had the missionaries for "lunch" this year, so we could still watch the game. Munchies are always a must!

Amber said...

that sounds like such a fun idea. We went to some friends...and like you...I went for the food, and didn't care about the game...but seriously for the first time in......EVER, I actually did watch the game. I still didn't care who won, but it was actually fun to watch. and I do like to watch the commercials. It was a fun day!

Siri said...

I don't know why I didn't make a 7-layer bean dip like you. For some reason I decided to bring homemade hummus to Vaughn's Super Bowl party this year ... and man did everyone tease me for that one! Glad it was so much fun for your cute family! Go Broncos!

Maureen said...

What a fun way to spend the day ... just being together, taking pictures, silly faces ... all of it! Glad you had a good time.

Rach said...

I think the "silly face" is a boy thing, because all my boys do it too! Sounds like a fun party - food, fun, and family - doesn't get much better than that!

Tiffany said...

I finally get to see your haircut Sis!! I love it!! and I'm so glad that the close-up of you and Cole was of your "good" eye (the one with eyelashes)!! Haha

Tara said...

Actually sis, it wasn't! That's the same eye! They are growing back, but look how short they are! They just stick out straight... but there's no WAY I'm going to attempt to curl them. EVER! ha ha!