Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ouch!

For those of you on facebook you've already heard my story. But for those of you who haven't...
I think these photos pretty much say it all.
Yes, I ripped out all of my eyelashes today. And YES, it hurt like a mutha! My stupid eyelash curler somehow "malfunctioned" and when I was closing it, it twisted and this is the result. I was stunned (to say the least) at first and then realized there was nothing I could do about it. (which drives this control freak crazy) and so I decided to laugh about it so that I wouldn't cry! Now I just have to wait up to 70 days for them to grow back. That's according to the Internet which Jason very sweetly googled for me right after it happened.
So until then, I might just be sportin' a new look! ;o)

8 comments:

Mel said...

I would have never noticed if you hadn't told me, so you should not feel too bad. But OUCH!!!! I hate the feeling of having one lash that is loose and how that hurts....can't imagine all of them at the same time. YIKES. Flashies will be fun to wear for awhile. :)

Maureen said...

Aaaaak! Sounds sooo painful! I hope the time goes by quickly till they grow back.

Laurel C. said...

The status update on Facebook doesn't do justice to your pictures on this blog! Holy SMOKES! That looks painful! You'll have to fight Brooke Shields for a cut of the Latesse inventory now. (Have you seen her ads to regrow lashes?)

How do you feel about false eyelashes? ;)

Rach said...

OUCH!! That does look like it "hurt like a mutha"!! I didn't even notice today at church so maybe it won't be so bad for the next 70 days. Is that really how long it takes to grow back?? The place I go to get my eyebrows done does eyelash extensions - maybe they could help??

Mom and Camera said...

Okay--I missed this on Facebook! This is terrible. Can you sue ;)? I have recently stopped using mine because I felt like I was losing eyelashes because of it. This just proves my point even more and puts like twenty-five exclamation points after it!!! Eyelash curlers are evil. We should start a group!

Gillett's said...

That looks awful, not you- what it must've felt like! I feel for you. :0/ I also googled that last year or so ago when Madi CUT her eyelashes. WHY?!?! not sure- I did buy some eyelash growing stuff for me at Sally's Beauty Supply that was rated pretty high for a $20 bottle. You apply it every night & it helps them to grow & get thicker. It works pretty good- Double Cils by Eye Lite. Good Luck!

Amber said...

seriously, I about cried when I read it on facebook...but seeing the pictures....Oh my HECK Tara! I'm actually impressed that your eye is not red and puffy...I think I might still be crying! I can't even imagine (nor do I want to) what that felt like!

Siri said...

Oh Man! Ouch!!

Doesn't Tiffany have a friend who does eyelash extensions? ... hehe.

You are beautiful regardless.