Due to unforeseen circumstances (eh-hem - Tyler)... Flashback Friday has been postponed.
Jason decided to take his first day off in...I don't know HOW long... and we had planned to get a few things done around the house. He was going to stain the swing set and I was going to catch up on some laundry. (you know those extra towels that always seem to be last on the list?) Well, we also thought that with the kids starting their fall break that we could sleep in a little. Oh how wrong we were! Tyler decided NOT to sleep in and instead, filled his "free time" with flooding the ENTIRE kitchen. I'm not kidding when I say entire. Water was everywhere! Inside cabinets and drawers. In fact, there was about an inch and a half of water inside some of the drawers. The floor had about two inches of water that was leaking from the ceiling downstairs. We have one of those faucets that has a sprayer thing on it and he had taken the it and sprayed the ceiling, the counters, clear across the table to the couches! Let's just say that just about everything in sight was WET!
Well, then he came upstairs and whispered to Jason, "Dad, I accidentally sprayed water all over the kitchen." UGH! So I sent him to his room until we could check things out. When we first saw it we had NO idea just how wet everything was.
Let's just say that he's lucky to be alive! ha ha! He was in time-out for pretty much the whole day. He knew he was in trouble and I was surprised how well he stayed in that chair.
Let's just say that he's lucky to be alive! ha ha! He was in time-out for pretty much the whole day. He knew he was in trouble and I was surprised how well he stayed in that chair.
So we pretty much spent the entire day cleaning that whole mess up. We even had to bring out the shop-vac and I added a whole lot more towels to the pile of laundry I didn't get done today.
Crazy as it sounds, I really DO love that kid!

4 comments:
Oh man. That was a NICE mess he made. And I especially love his innocent confession after the deed was done. :-) Truth be told, I've often been tempted to do something like that myself. I bet he had a blast!
I hope you had him help in the clean up. Sometimes that's worse then "Time-out". In this case I would have given my child BOTH consequences - Yikes!
Oh my word Tara! I always thought Tyler kept you on your toes, but this one tops them all! What a way to start fall break. He's such a doll, and I hope you at least got some repentant hugs out of him!
Oh Tara ... is THIS what I have to look forward to with baby Tate?? Man! But true, Tyler's cheeks make up for it all ... so kissably cute!!
Post a Comment